Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • What steel hardtail frame for 120-130mm fork?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Not much else tickling my fancy in the same way as a green Solaris right now. Says this…

New Bright Green stock just arrived (including new small size).

… on their site. Has it gone in and out of stock that quickly?

neninja
    Free Member

They have plenty of the medium and large Solaris frames but only had a limited number of the small frames to test the response to them and they all sold very quickly.

Looks like the titanium frame has fallen through now. Seller no longer responding and has taken down the ad, think I’ve been gazumped 🙁

neninja
    Free Member

The Ti frame worked out in the end (hopefully) for a fair bit less than an 853 Sanderson, Cotic, Dialled etc would have cost me.

It’s a brand new Sabbath Fifth Element.

No lightweight XC titanium frame, it’s more like a Cove Hummer in terms of style – it can run a longer fork (sweet spot is supposed to be 120-130), 31.6mm seatpost etc. Seems to be a pretty rare but I managed to get some feedback from a couple of riders with them.

I’m still undecided on what travel fork to use. Been in contact someone who rides one with a 150 Float and he loves it. I think I’ll be more conservative and go for 120-130mm.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice. Get it built and some photos taken.

Reckon you can ruin a good hardtail by sticking a long fork on it, though some seem to love them. If weight isn’t a massive concern I’d get a set of Revs then you can spacer them all the way from 150 to 120 I think.

messiah
    Free Member

I hope it works out for you.

neninja
    Free Member

messiah – is that your bike?

neninja
    Free Member

messiah – is that your bike?

Just realised it’s the first image that comes up on Google image search. I hope it works out too. If not I’ll sell the frame on and revert to plan A.

matther01
    Free Member

Jesus…just seen the price of these built up…£3k!

Seen one on fleabay and it looks pretty nifty…certainly different from the norm.

neninja
    Free Member

They’ve not been made for a couple of years but they were £1300-1500 for the frame from what I can gather. I found a brand new one in the right size that had never been built up.

Got to be worth a punt for the price. Should fit in well, not a single post about them previously on STW, that’s uber niche.

matther01
    Free Member

Can’t say I blame you…get some pics up when you can.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What steel hardtail frame for 120-130mm fork?’ is closed to new replies.