Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • What sort of week are you having?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

MIne started pretty well, riding out to Cap Formentor on Monday morning, but that was the last day of my holiday on which England got dumped out of the Euros, politics went even more bonkers than last week, I came home from holiday, got in the car turned the key in the ignition and it pissed down, Got home to a leaky, sink, toilet*, shower*, went back to work, rode home into a massive headwind and pissing rain, rode in this morning, had 4 punctures, the last one wouldn’t seal so had to stop every 1/2 a mile to top it up, got to work over an hour late discovered I’ve left my car keys at home so will be riding home in the pissing rain tonight and riding back to work in the morning (20 miles) to get the car. And we’ve still got mice and the 2 x £50 electric traps have caught sod all.

chuff nuts.

*leaking before we left so water off but turning water back on popped the feed to the dishwasher under the sink

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’m having a lovely week thanks but then I’m ever the optimist.

lunge

Terrible. I’ve worked my tits off all week to get 12 people lined up for an assessment day I’m running. Right now I have 4 people likely to turn up.

Today, I hate people so much that I may be forced to join the Tory party.

honourablegeorge

I had a week a bit like that. Fot car seviced, needed 2 new tyres (260), fitted them, puncture on motorway two days later, tyre wrecked, another new tyre (130), wnet to work, phone cal form wife, all the fuses tripping int he house, turned out to be the fridge, new fridge (1250)….all of this in a crazy busy work/family period where I didn’ get to ride a bike for a fortnight. And then I went and rode the bike in dry weather on Tuesday night, and everythign was fine

MoreCashThanDash

So far, so good. But…

Swapped my day off to be at home for my 9 year old daughter’s inset day today.

She’s invited one of her friends round and I have volunteered to take them to the cinema to see Secret Life of Pets followed by McDonald’s. For an added twist, this friend who I’ve never met before is soon to become our next door neighbour.

Tomorrow my lad is having some mates round for his 13th birthday sleepover. He’s a **** teenager on Monday. How did that happen? Sunday morning I’m taking him and the mates to ride at Hicks Lodge, which should be a laugh as the mates have never really ridden off road before.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

– Redundant next Tuesday

+ Ridden a lot this week as I no longer care how late I get to my desk, how long my lunch break is or how early I piss off.

– Job hunting is a bitch

spawnofyorkshire

Mixed week, had the first few days off but planning an event in the summer for my hockey club so worked on that instead of doing up my kitchen like I planned.
    Coming back to work after a fortnight was OK, no dramas but now back into the thick of summer works bedlam

Have nothing at all planned for the weekend; feels weird after being really busy this weekend.
    Going to service my bike on Saturday whilst it rains then bang in a 40km+ ride on Sunday when there’s a slim chance it won’t be raining

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Mmm, just had an e-mail about Voluntary redundancy at our place, mmm, dunno, need to make some calls…the week may improve….

Houns

Absolute shite.

Ex contacted me to say she’s having to give our dog away as she’s moving and can’t have pets where moving to (and I can’t have him where I am) it’s broken me (again).

Plus speaking to her brought more feelings … Bah won’t bore you all

steve_b77
    Free Member

Pretty good bar the weather, my cold is clearing up, the whopping coldsore on my lip has nearly gone (post Mayhem Solo ailments) and work is going well, kids are bouncing along in their own little worlds and I got a new bike, off to see Kaiser Chiefs on Sunday at an open air gig too :mrgreen:

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Ups and downs as usual.

Now not ridden a bike really for 3 weeks after a shoulder & rib so i’m feeling decidedly fat & lethargic.

I’m going to go riding tonight though, and also tomorrow, because i’m reaching the point of losing the plot due to a complete lack of exercise.

ste_t
    Free Member

Unemployed as of yesterday. I’m earning my keep by having dinner ready for when the girlfriend gets home from work but need to service her forks first. She’s working all weekend so I’ll be riding bikes and doing the housework.

I’ve had worse weeks!

spawnofyorkshire

need to service her forks first

not heard it called that before

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Thoroughly miserable.

Found out I got ditched from a potential new job after interview the other week.

Now feel utterly demotivated and demoralised in my current job.

Weather’s shite.

EU referendum shite is deeply upsetting.

Outlook for science research in the UK looks particularly grim.

Been trying to sell my house (in a different part of the country) for nearly a year – and things aren’t likely to get any better with all this bigoted and ignorance fueled Brexit crap.

About to move in to a rented house with my GF and pretty much convinced it will be a dumb-ass idea that will make me miserable.

Other than that… Hmmm…

Daffy

Up and down. The referendum results are still continuuing to hurt research, but I’ve just received approval for a €2.7m research project that I’ve been attempting to get through committee for the past 9 months, so, mixed, but mostly positive.

daviek

Ribs seem to be fixed now but have the dreaded man flu so sniffing, coughing and wheezing so still cant go out on the bike!

School holidays start today so looking forward to having all four hooligans at home with no dragging them out the door in the morning and no after school activities!!!

tomhoward

Shit, haven’t been to work for 3 weeks as I can’t see properly. Eyes have 6 weeks to sort themselves out before 2 weeks in whistler…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Not going well. Somebody stole some of my drink, and I reckon it’s all going to be downhill from now.

But then I am a glass half empty kinda guy.

TimP
    Free Member

Well below average. Worked till after 11pm every night this week to keep head just above water while wife away and keeping 2 small people alive. Not been this tired for a long time!!

But on the scale of how bad other people have had it, I feel pretty lucky. Wife back late last night, my presence with the kids is now more than tolerated and I am off to a T20 game later.

Although my teabag has just split in my mug…

slowbloke
    Free Member

It was a pretty good week till in a moment of drunken madness I let my mate talk me into going to Lets Rock Exeter on Saturday. I mean – I’ll be watching Rick Astley FFS!

zelak999
    Free Member

Pretty shite, dad died last Friday, had to cancel my week long trip to Morzine on the Saturday.
    Done something my knee that wont seem to put itself right despite I.C.E etc etc.
    Speeding ticket came through the post on Monday 3 points and £100 fine.
    Thats not to mention the whole political/EU exit debacle…..
    Ain’t it the life?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

That’s rough zelak, my sympathies. Just run of the mill minor aggravations here. reet, better order some innertubes on click and collect then go and see ifthere’s any reduced waterproofs in Aldi (didn’t bring mine cos it was sunny and I was driving home, can see the gilet in the boot of my car. That’s locked.)

rhid

This week last the past few weeks have generally been poop. However I am off to Andorra for a week tomorrow so hopefully I will come back in a better frame of mind!

If I even bother coming back, may just stay in the hills and herd goats.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just be careful not to pen Andorras ox

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’ll be watching Rick Astley FFS!

Nah. He has cancelled. More info on the promoters page here.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

From reading some of the above, a better week than a lot of people and this is minor in comparison but since the OP asked I’ve been feeling fairly detached from friends and family following the referendum vote and more specifically the reasons they’ve given for their choice.

Can’t decide if having fewer people in my life is better than having so many negative, bitter and resentful people in my life. We are talking a cull of around 90% here including 100% of family.

jekkyl

up n down.
    .Back to work on monday after 6 weeks paternity leave.
    .Rain all week.
    .Ordered a new car.
    .Wife tired and irritable and everything’s my fault!
    .BUT went out last night with a STW forumite in the rain round the woods and had a great time, slip sliding in the mud n roots, saw an owl about 5 metres in front of me before it flew away and a badger on the track before it darted into the heather.
    .At least it’s friday!

ads678

Pretty shit. Was my wedding anniversary yesterday and both my wife and I are so bloody busy and having a generally shit time at work forgot all about it! Kids bloody parties and doing the barbecue at the school summer fair so probably won’t get a chance to go riding. Again………..

Holiday in 6 weeks, but i’m not counting……..

adsh
    Free Member

The weather’s been crap and I’m living in a mobile home.

On the bright side I and 19,999 others have not been killed this morning.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

On the up.
    started with an HR issue within my team involving taped conversations/arguments.
    Chief Exec wants moon on a stick but not our moon and a stick made of unobtanium.
    OH has a moan about the alleged lack of housework done while they were sunning themselves in Gran Canaria!
    Ex wife is a fanny (nothing new there though!)
    OTOH
    Managed sub 20m run on the local MEGA Route 😉 in the wet!
    Garage are happy to fit extra seats to my van at a good price
    BOJO pulls out of the PM race
    I joined the SNP
    I am now on holiday and head off to the sun in a few days!

pipiom
    Free Member

Badder than a bad thing……..2 ligaments torn in (dodgy already) dshoulder op on 13th July…..3-6 months off MTB at least:-(

shortcut

Going well at the moment.

Started well on Sunday with a nice ride and dropping the wife at the airport for a 7 week trip to the Amazon – so she is happy. Monday out to Dublin for work and great rides on Tuesday and Thursday evening. I had goodies arrive from CRC on Tuesday and am heading hoe shortly back to the UK.

Then chaos as I need to pack and prep for BC BikeRace with the plane departing on Sunday morning and me having just committed to riding on Saturday afternoon. So full speed ahead.

Politics – I don’t have time to whinge about it and football I don’t care about so all is good and Im off on holiday on Sunday.

TiRed

So so. Not sure whether to mourn my mother who died a week ago (on top of losing my sister in January) or the Leavy McLeaveface stupidity of my supposed nation. On the positive side. Teen1 returned from Tanzania unscathed and my shares are soaring.

Not ridden a bike since Saturday – that shows how low I must be this week. Might race at the weekend to get back on the horse.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrElT8XxptU[/video]

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

All good compared to some on here. Essentially enjoying the last few months of full time stay at-home Dad life (I became stay at-home parent so I could do my MA which is now successfully completed). Gonna miss looking after the kids, so enjoying it whilst I can… highly recommend it if anyone has the chance.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Not great, although nothing really to complain about too much compared to some on here.

MrsSalmon and I are both busy with study-type work on top of our jobs, and it feels like that’s become normalised over the last few months and we’re both wondering why we do it really.

On the plus side, mine (PhD corrections) will be submitted on Monday and that, hopefully, will be the end of that particular sorry saga 🙂

FOG

Very bad week . Had a bit of a sore knee last week and stupidly went for a long road ride on Sunday which finished off the afflicted joint. I have been barely able to walk all week let alone ride so wasn’t impressed when the quack said it will go off , here are some pain killers . At least I was able to stand today so went and had a fettle of the bikes I can’t ride
    Hopefully next week I will be able to turn a pedal which I certainly need to do as various entered events are looming closer!

hot_fiat

Ok-ish. Signed a new contract for a gig in Finland. yay 🙂

Got scared about the cost of hotels so offered to drop my day rate in exchange for upping my expenses by the same amount. Dumbly forgot that I get to charge VAT on my day rate @20% and pay it back at 14%, so effectively conned myself out of a shed load of cash.

Unleashed a shitstorm on the current contract when I put my notice in, saying that I was bored & had nowt to do, which was amusing to watch.

cheers_drive

Some good, some bad, but feel lucky after reading some people weeks.
    New business venture started with a good friend on Monday, a continuation of my old business, great promise but need to get used to there being another person.
    Had man flu for 3 days, worked all of them, then played with baby, then cooked tea, was looking forward to the weekend. Wife is now ill so maybe there’s not much to look forward too.
    Really struggling to juggle everything now, it’s my fault for stubbornly trying to continue doing all the things I used to do despite having a 8 month old baby.
    Weather has been poor, but then again I’ve be too ill / busy to ride.
    Finally after years of issues I’ve finally been referred for ablation to treat my PAF. Have wanted it sorted for years but know I’ve really thought about it I’m worried, especially now I’m a father and 100% breadwinner.

cinnamon_girl

Had quite a successful consultation with new GP today, preparation is key I’ve realised. What I did find worrying however is that despite me stating that I’d been doing outdoor sports for 25 years no mention was made of Lyme disease. Still, he’s organising urgent tests so that’s a positive. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What sort of week are you having?’ is closed to new replies.