Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What soft compound meduim sized non lock on grips?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I fancy some new grips and a change from lock-on. In the past I have always used thick lock-ons like Sunline and odi rogue, but wonder if a medium sized grip would work better for me. I was getting numb hands last ride, maybe I need to go smaller?

johnnystorm

ESI Silicone 🙂

br
    Free Member

I know they are lock-ons, but take a look at the On One fat bob foam grips. Used them for a couple of years now; comfy, hard-wearing and light.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BTOOFLOG/on_one_half_bob_lock_on_foam_grips

Bagstard
    Free Member

Currently I’m between Renthal and ESI chunky.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

ESI racer

Bagstard
    Free Member

Those on-ones look interesting, ESI racer probably too thin for me.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of WTB Weirwolf grips.

lovely soft compound, very satisfying girth and the knobbles mean you don;t have to hold on so tight

j40aja
    Free Member

If you think the ESI Racer is too thin then they do a Chunky and Extra Chunky version.
    I use the Extra Chunky and they’re awesome!

passtherizla
    Free Member

ESI Chunky here… they are knackered after a couple of OTB’s. Chunks missing big slit running about an inch into the length. I’d buy them again though, I always got on with oury before that.

Northwind

Really impressed with my ESIs. Racers on most, chunky on the xc bike (as it’s sometimes rigid) They do seem to wear a bit funny, chunks missing from one of them…

Got a couple of sets of lightly used Renthal kevlars, good grips but not quite as good, if you fancy trying it for cheap 😉

amplebrew

Another fan of ESI’s here, but I think Odi Attack’s are great as well.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m interested Northwind, just tried to email, but it was bounced back.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What soft compound meduim sized non lock on grips?’ is closed to new replies.