Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What size Yeti 575
  • drewster007
    Free Member

I am looking to get a Yeti 575, the shop i have been to have told me to go for a Medium frame, but looking on Yeti’s web site they say go Large.
    I am 6’1″ what do you guys think?
    Thanks
    Drew

alfabus
    Free Member

Definitely a large. I had a medium, and at 5’11” it was a bit small for me. I was borderline, but I think you’d be a clear cut large.

althepal

I’m 6 foot and ride a large. Not got monkey arms or anything and its fine for me.
    Can be a touch unwieldy in tight turns but is nice and stable when going downhill.
    Noticed it being bigger than the large Enduro it replaced but nothing major. Didn’t test a medium at the time so might have got away with that. At 6’1″ I reckon you should be fine as long as you’re happy with the TT length.
    Have you sat on one or even just pedalled it round the car park?

bigjim

I’d test ride if you can, I have a large ASR5 and I’m 6’5″

wilko1999
    Free Member

Jim, how you finding the large ASR5 at your height? I’m ‘only’ 6’1 and I’m on a large ASR5, which on occasions feels like it could be a little longer in the TT, but I’m all torso and no trousers if you catch my drift

bigjim

It feels fine to me, it’s the longest bike I’ve owned, and part of the reason I went with it was the long top tube compared to eg Santa Cruz, though I have a 70mm stem. I am more torso than leg too but wouldn’t want it any longer, or shorter for that matter. The XL must be huge!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yeah, think I’m imagining it, the TT felt great on the test ride and after I bought it. I’m great at convincing myself there’s a problem sometimes though when really I just need to shut up and get on with riding. Amazing bike though either way

P20

I’d say large. I’m 5’8″ on a medium Yeti and its perfect. The toptubes are nice and long. How does the tt length compare with your current frame?

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

I’m only 5’7 and my 575 is a medium, so at your height I would definitely go large!

yetitony
    Free Member

I have a Medium 575 and I am 5’8″… It may be a fraction too big for me but would think it will be tiny for you.

fizzicist
    Free Member

I’d go large – I’m 5’10.5″ and have a medium which 90mm stem and it feels just right, although I’ll probably switch to a 70mm stem. I have a lot of seatpost though but have long legs for my height.

nashwaymule
    Free Member

At that height I would go for a large, great bike choice BTW i bloomin love mine.

drewster007
    Free Member

I have sat on the owner of the shops Medium SB66 with a 65mm stem on it and that felt really nice! quite compact but long enough. the 575 TT is the same as the SB66.
    I am building it up very burly so the 160mm forks going on it should slacken it all up a bit?
    the bike it is replacing is a Morewood Mbuzi Large, the TT on that was only .4″ longer than the Medium 575.
    thanks guys

covertbaz
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2 and used to ride a medium 575 it was great, but ultimately did feel a little small, hence trading up tot the large Covert I now ride

andrewh
    Free Member

Only a test ride will confirm for sure.
    I’m 5’11” and have a medium ASR-C, perfect for me (90mm stem)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What size Yeti 575’ is closed to new replies.