Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What size shed?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

What size do you have, are you happy with it, or what size do you think is ideal?

Ta

valleydaddy
    Free Member

well depends upon the space you have to give up for one!

Get as big as you can build/buy as you will always fill it with something!!

sofatester
    Free Member

What size do you have

MASSIVE

are you happy with it

YES

what size do you think is ideal?

MASSIVE!

carbon337
    Free Member

6 x 4 for me – got 2 bikes in and other bits and bobs. Does me but I don't think there is such a thing as the perfect size shed as most blokes would probably say 20 x 40 or something daft.

Conespanner

16' x 10' going up this summer, been saving up. Just got to get rid of the 16 x 8 garage garage I've current got

Shandy
    Free Member

You really need to plan it out and think what is going in there.

Mine is 10×6 and fits 3 bikes and a lawnmower with easy access to everything. One side wall with 4 shelves, long back wall with two shelves, one side wall with hangers for tyres and other bits and pieces. I don't really use it for working on the bikes, too cold and dark in winter and too stuffy in Summer.

It depends how much space you have available, I might have gone slightly larger but it would have been disproportionate to the size of the garden.

timber

50,000 sq. foot, big enough to drive in

alas, no longer and it was never really mine anyway

bonesetter
    Free Member

I was thinking either 10×8 or 12×10 with a workbench along the long window side, leccy, lights & insulation

While this is big (in my mind) I'm sure I would fill it with junk in no time. I've seen a few say they wished they had gone bigger…

Do folk fettle much in the shed, or do weather conditions make it difficult – summer stuffy and winter cold?

Graham_Clark

10 x 7…. only just big enough for the bikes and still have space to work on one. I wasn't allowed anything bigger though 🙁

jd-boy
    Free Member

No matter how big a shed you get, you are always going to want a bigger one.

soobalias
    Free Member

6m x 3.5m
    the loft space is very handy.

i would still have a separate shed for the gardening stuff tho'

mudshark
    Free Member

I use my garage as a bike workshop and the car stays outside; I do have a 5'x7' shed and that feels small – just big enough for a few garden things really without looking full of stuff piled up. I have thought about getting something a lot bigger and made of more substantial timber when that starts to rot – it's been there a while – but that'll mean going into the thousands.

Curly68
    Free Member

14×8 for me and its too small! I have my tool box with stainless steel worktop, 5 complete bikes, 3 frames, 3 pairs of wheels, bits and pieces, garden stuff etc. I still have three frames and two bikes in the house!
    Had a tidy at the weekend: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/boring-but-useful-day

Bregante

sofatester – Member

What size do you have

MASSIVE

are you happy with it

YES

I think you;ll find that MAHOOSIVE is the size you're after

bonesetter
    Free Member

Very nice Curly – like the stainless work surface

bonesetter
    Free Member

Sheesh, these things are pricey.

The price we have to pay for a fettle?!

tinsy
    Free Member

25×7 here, didnt cost the earth really 3k including laying the base but thats with £800 worth of double glazed windows and doors in it rather than the usual…

Base laying day, I dont have a good pic of the outside, and reluctant to show the inside as it was getting my shed broken into that promted the new one.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Now that's going too far 😉

dangriff
    Free Member

15 x 7.5 garage for bikes, tools n'stuff. 10×7 brick built bomb shelter with 18" thick walls (with steel plate core) and 24" thick reinforced concrete roof, for max. bike security and storing wine! This came with the house.

tinsy
    Free Member

wow who owned the house Winston Churchil?

dangriff
    Free Member

House is nothing special – 4 bed semi. The whole row had brick bomb shelters. All were demolished except mine and my neighbours.

It's really useful as the temperature remains fairly constant and it's bone dry, which is good for storing wine. I fitted racks for 600 bottles, but it has never had more than 100 or so in it. Also good for keeping expensive kit secure.

The door is 4" thick timber with 8" thick frame and bracing and huge steel coachbolts and fixings.

SammyC
    Free Member

6×4 here:

Not big enough to work in but that's what the dining room is for isn't it?

timber

or, here is 5 1/2 bikes in a 6'x4' shed at my last place

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What size shed?’ is closed to new replies.