Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What size Gabba do I need
  • theflatboy

Input please – I’m just over 6’1″, slimish of around 75-80kg (depending on training!), longish arms and prefer a snug fit.

I want to order one today and won’t have a chance to try one first – I’m thinking a large, what do you guys think?

Premier Icon jamiep
    Subscriber

probably not too much help – I am 5’8″, 57kg, wear a small in everything, have a small Gabba.

The arms are a reasonably long length BTW

Premier Icon scaled
    Subscriber

Similar build here and i’m a Large in Castelli tops, though they’re not that snug on me round the middle.

If I got for the medium they fit my middle but not across my shoulders 🙁

theflatboy

scaled, that sounds about right then for shoulders and a bit of space underneath for a base layer… cheers

premier

I’m about the same size, medium. Had a large initially but flogged it as it was too big

MikeWW

I’d have said a large
    I’m 5 10 and 71 kg and medium is spot on

tang

I’m similar and large.

theflatboy

Cheers people, I went large. Much appreciated.

Premier Icon eddie11
    Subscriber

The gabba is particularly clingy and not too stretchy so id say large. You’d be very top end of a medium and if you are not grimpeur build I think it would be tight on shoulders and neck. But why not order both and send one back? The big
    Two online shops offer free delivery and returns these days.

If I got for the medium they fit my middle but not across my shoulders

I seem to fit a lot of brands but Castelli does seem cut to suit a different shape to me and had this same problem, glad to hear it’s not just me.

iain65

I’m 6’1 and 76kg and use a large Gabba – fits perfectly.

Premier Icon thetallpaul
    Subscriber

Hijacking slightly, but would I have any chance of getting a Gabba to fit? 6’4″, 90kg, and very broad across the shoulder.

Is a gabba short sleeve jersey, plus nanoflex arm warmers better than a Gabba long sleeve, or Gabba convertible?

Is this overkill for higher speed/effort commuting? 😀

<Edit> Also what is the best (cheapest and reputable) place to buy at the mo? </Edit>

Premier Icon nemesis
    Subscriber

I’m a fraction taller but a good bit heavier. XXL Gabba is right on me – 44in chest FWIW.

I’d always go for SS/jersey and armwarmers unless I’d never want to wear it without sleeves. Much more versatile that way.

Premier Icon thetallpaul
    Subscriber

Cheers nemesis. Wasn’t sure if the XXXL would have been required.

Now, how to sneak this purchase by my significant other 😈 ?

tod456

If wiggle has it in stock i find these two links useful. I’ve ordered 8 helmets in the past with no issues returning 7 of them.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/returns-uk

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sc/price-promise

theflatboy

Guys, cheers again – buying two sizes and returning one is not an option, I’m ordering from an Aussie retailer to my sister’s place in Perth.

It works out as £95 for a long sleeve Gabba which is a bargain. I’ll probably pick it up in person when I’m there in December, but wanted to get in before they sold out!

mrblobby

Is a gabba short sleeve jersey, plus nanoflex arm warmers better than a Gabba long sleeve

Yes IMO. Just more versatile in that you can wear it without warmers, or with a variety of warmers depending on conditions (thick, thin, windproof etc.) Or set out with warmers and remove them later, etc.

Oh and 6ft and 71kg, a medium for me. Castelli stuff fits me well.

Premier Icon turboferret
    Subscriber

I did exactly what eddie11 suggested, the small was a bit tight on my, 5’9″, 64kg, the medium comfortable with a bit of space underneath.

Sent the small back for a free refund.

Cheers, Rich

mudshark

Is a gabba short sleeve jersey, plus nanoflex arm warmers better than a Gabba long sleeve

That’s what I do.

5’11” 71kg – large.

theflatboy

Ok, good news – my Gabba finally arrived from Aus after protracted delivery / customs delays. And it’s a perfect fit.

Extra bit of good / bad news, I appear to have inadvertently ordered 2 so I have an extra one which I don’t need. Splitting the cost of the two jerseys and the customs charges, they work out as £120 each so if someone wants a new, bagged large blue long-sleeved Gabba 2 for £120 + postage let me know. Email in profile.

theflatboy

So I got to take the Gabba out for a test-spin this morning for the first time, in biblical downpours… I’m impressed, I knew it wasn’t going to be waterproof so wasn’t surprised when the rain started to seep through after a while, but it’s impressive how nice and comfortable and warm it is even when damp, lovely bit of kit. I can see what the fuss is about now!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What size Gabba do I need’ is closed to new replies.