Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What size box to post a fat bike + which courier?
  • breadcrumb

I’m looking to possibly post a fat bike, I’m guessing a regular bike box isn’t going to cut the mustard so what size should I be looking for and who to post a larger than usual box with?

I don’t want to take the tyres off as they were tricky to set up tubeless.

Thanks in advance people 🙂

dovebiker

Ebike box like a Cube plenty big enough – it’s width that’s important, needs to be about 300mm

breadcrumb

Thanks, I’ll try ringing some local bike shops tomorrow 👍

johnnystorm

Find someone on Shiply to collect it in a van? I got a quote for £54 for someone to bring a Tandem 180ish miles.

stubbsy007
    Free Member

Me too! I tried Paisley Freight but they clearly don’t have any interest in helping me.

johnw1984
    Free Member

The problem I had is that most of the couriers wouldn’t take a box over a certain length (some of the big bike boxes were too large).

I ended up going through one of our accounts at work and TNT ended up collecting it. Mine was an XL 29er hardtail, so it was a fair size.

I tried Shiply, but I was absolutely spammed with dodgy sounding “man in a van” type people. I couldn’t find any obvious ways of insuring either (might have just been blind!).

ambientcoast
    Free Member

I’ve used bikedelivery.co.uk before with no problems.

The hardest thing here will be finding a bike box big enough.

I kick myself that I didn’t keep the box that my fatbike was delivered in a few years ago – biggest/strongest cardboard box I’ve ever seen!

oldtennisshoes

I’ve split bikes into 2 more easily posted boxes. It can be more work to pack, but can also be cheaper and easier to manage too.

monkeyboyjc

Tbh I’d just try use the biggest bike box my lbs had (in exchange for a box of biscuits) and deflate the tyres…..
    Then Paisley freight for the courier.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What size box to post a fat bike + which courier?’ is closed to new replies.