Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Sintered pads for latest XT M785 disc brakes ?
  • steel4real
    Free Member

Having got these lovely XT M785 brakes from Rose they only come with organic pads !?

It’s got to be sintered to survive local gritty Pennines & Peaks so I’d like to know what sintered pads people are successfully using for these brakes ?

Cheers.

sam_underhill

I’m using the finned sintered pads with my xtr trail brakes (which are more or less the same design). If you want the ones with fins then your only option is shimano. They seem to last well, they are are just so damned expensive.

steel4real
    Free Member

Not bothered about the fins – but want sintered, can’t find shimano ones so it’s what after market ones are out there & working well ?

sam_underhill

Rose bikes have them and at a half sensible price.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Its superstar’s “S5” that fits the M785. Shown as XTRM985/M988 on their site.
    Holding up fine for me in Peaks/Calderdale/Lancs grittiness.

sam_underhill

oh hang, on. I’ve assumed that the XTR and new XT are the same pad.

sam_underhill

looks like Ecky-thump thinks they are as well though.

steel4real
    Free Member

Was thinking superstar but have had mixed reviews from my local Bros !

rondo101
    Free Member
    Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Marcus, for what its worth, I could have sworn the Rose original finned pads had “metal” or “metalic” printed on the back of ’em.
    Can’t comment on longevity of originals though ‘cos I replaced ’em from new for same reasons as you and thinking I’d save the finned ones for something BIG 😀

steel4real
    Free Member

Ian – didn’t get finned ones with mine – just standard organic/resin ones (They say “Resin” on them !)

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

you’ve been done 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Sintered pads for latest XT M785 disc brakes ?’ is closed to new replies.