Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What short travel 2nd hand 29er?
  • scotabroad

Looking for first full suss (maybe hardtail) 29er for a bit more comfort for cross country fire road, track, occasional singletrack. I am a large chap so something fairly robust. Any advice on better options without spending fortune (hence not new) cheers

CheesybeanZ

Budget always helps folk recommend things .

Straightliner

I have a Titus Rockstar 29er in large i’m thinking of selling. 100mm travel front an d rear.

binman

I loved my Whyte T129, quite a few 2nd hand around.

scotabroad

£1000-£1500 if poss

haggis1978

Ive got a 2017 Specialized Camber Comp and really like it. Changed some specs from standard. Needed a shorter stem, dropper, beefier tyres and a 1x drivetrain and its pretty dialled now. Think most people would have done this already so should be able to pick something similar up either here or PB.

batman11
    Free Member

Can’t recommend the transition smuggler enough!

Not gonna say it’s the lightest machine out there but dame there a fun bike climb very well and goes down really well very fun bike. I managed to pick up the v2 2018 one frame second hand but the v1 are out there size depending for sensible money.

rone

If you can get one – a Turner Czar.

I’m on my 1.1 version now. Still love it.

cookeaa

I suppose it depends on what you call “short travel” and just how cheap you need it to be.

But as I have started to become a bit of a (used) Specialized fanboi of late I’d go looking for either an epic (100mm) or camber (120mm). Spesh have turfed out a bazillion versions of both bikes in 29″ flavour over the last few years (carbon and alloy) and thus there should be rich pickings as the new golfers trade up…

chopchop
    Free Member

Heavy lad after something a bit more durable as well as being something that is infinitely adjustable? I have a Nicolai Geometron G13 frame for sale, rending in which bits you already have you could build it up for 1500-2000.
    I have it on Pinkbike classifieds for more details and pics.

zippykona

I bought a 2012 29 anthem for the winter I would say it rides better than my 2016 anthem sx.

Would recommend.

scotabroad

by pure chance a good friend is giving first dibs on well looked after Orange Segment with few upgrades in my budget, any thoughts

jamj1974

Segment is a good option. Simple to look after in terms of pivots, rides well and Orange generally have good quality control nowadays.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have a large Transition Bandit 2 full bike I want to sell, shock & forks just serviced, PM if interested.

Cheers.

TimP
    Free Member

Love my Segement. Its not light by any stretch, but its plenty strong enough. The only downside is the lack of waterbottle mount, but that may not be a deal breaker.

Also the rear shock is a 165×37 which is a slightly odd size if you need to replace and with the short stroke, setting up is a bit more tricky as getting the difference between 25-30% sag is only 2-3mm. It just takes a bit of messing about to find what feels right

scotabroad

update – bought the segment a couple of weeks ago and really like it, full suss 29er takes a bit of getting used to but love the way it rolls in proper singletrack and can also take some pretty big hits (for me).

trumpton
    Free Member

Was it second hand?

scotabroad

yep bought from a mate

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What short travel 2nd hand 29er?’ is closed to new replies.