• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by mlltt.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What shed supplier?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I have tried (and failed) to find existing threads that I know exist using the search function, so can anyone recommend a good online shed supplier? I will also be asking my local supplier for a price but I would like to get a good comparison.

Ta

vdubber67
    Free Member

Why not pick one that sponsors a bike team? 😉

https://cyclocross.social/garden-shed-uk-scott-verge-sport-cyclocross-team/

I’m not affiliated with the company or the team

ebennett

Recently did the same research and Tiger sheds got mentioned a lot on here so I’ve ordered one from them. Can’t comment on how good it is as it isn’t due til May 25th (I ordered about 3 weeks ago)!

pondo

We ordered from Tiger Sheds – it’s in the garage in bits, waiting for lockdown to ease so we can press-gang some volunteers to help us put it up. 🙂

sirromj

Nordic Timber Buildings are competitively priced. Though they’re booked up until July/August. Free installation if you’ve preppeed a base.

julians
    Free Member

Bought a tiger shed last summer, it’s OK, pretty flimsy and quite low quality, but it will do the job. You get what you pay for and in the case of tiger sheds it’s a fairly cheap, quite flimsy shed

nobbingsford

Exactly the same experience as Julians here. Tiger shed. Pretty thin timber boards and the smallest section framing timbers you could get away with.

It’s ok for what I need it for (storing gardening stuff), but theres no way I’d keep anything expensive like a bike in it.

If I was going to replace it, I’d probably look at a local shed and fencing type place. Instead.

The marketing guff on Tiger’s website makes it look like each shed is lovingly hand crafted by artisan cabinet makers! The certainly are not that.

white101

I bought a shed from Northern Garden Sheds last April, arrived in July, 8×8 double door19mm T&G solid, beautiful construction, really happy. Based near Newcastle upon Tyne

https://www.northerngardensheds.co.uk/

garage-dweller

Have a look at Express Power. I bought mine through a local reseller but they have this cool modular panel system where the shed is built of a size specific mix of 2ft, 3ft and 4ft wide panels (some window, some plain and a door) and it all arrives standing up on a normal sized pallet. You can change where you want the panels with doors and windows and get a custom layout as you build it. Quality seems pretty decent, there’s a base kit if you want it and delivery was slick just rolled off on a powered pallet truck.

Edit – and just to add the other big advantage is that it’s an easy two person build there wasn’t a single panel that was not a solo lift but the bearer grids we added as an extra were a two person lift and two pairs of hands screwing panels together and doing the felt made life a lot easier.

alexpalacefan

I bought a Tiger shed ( a few years ago admittedly) and they were happy to custom size it at no extra cost, so I think they are manufactured pretty-much to order.

APF

boblo
    Free Member

I think they are manufactured pretty-much to order.

By Tigers in fact so who wouldn’t want that? 🙃

dovebiker

If you can afford it, got for one made from interlocking solid wood construction, not the thinnest of boards stapled to battens which offer very limited security/ durability. Worth using a roofing grade OSB board rather than chipboard on the roof as well as a heavier felt or shingles – it’ll last a lot, lot longer.

johndoh
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies – I had come across Tiger sheds before – probably dimly recollecting they had been mentioned on here before but I am not keen on their approach of ‘customisable’ sheds (ie, two four ft sections to make up an 8ft side). I don’t need a secure shed as the bikes are kept in the garage – it is just for garden equipment/bbq etc. But I am happy to spend a bit more on one that will still be standing (and not leaking) in 10+ years time.

steve1414
    Free Member

Are you looking for a shed to securely store bikes? I purchased a galvanized steel shed from Asgard Sheds https://www.asgardsss.co.uk/ I considered wood sheds, but most offered poor security, where as Asgard provide a range of steel sheds to known security standards. I ordered online and it was delivered in flat pack or for extra cost they’ll erect it for you.

servo
    Free Member

We always bought our sheds from the local supplier. Partly because they were good sheds but mostly because they had a big sign saying “FREE ERECTION”.

mlltt

Tiger sheds are ok, delivered before quoted time by a few months. Can’t fault the shed

However they Didn’t send me one of the pieces of wood to run down the edge of the roof. They sent me another, it was wrong. 2 months on I’m still waiting to finish my shed (yes I could buy a piece of wood but it wouldn’t be the same colour).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What shed supplier?’ is closed to new replies.