Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What shall we do this weekend?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I want your suggestions please. Pregnant wife, 2 year old, we’re in Bavaria and it’s a bank holiday weekend.

Could stay away somewhere (no caravan tho 🙁 ) but can’t really drive any more than 2 hours in one go – MAYBE 4 hours in multiple stretches.

Vienna and Trieste are at the very edge of our range I reckon. Maybe Venice if we split the journey over a couple of days, Mrs Grips has always wanted to go there, but I’m not sure if we just rock up we’ll find a place to stay.

Spud

Innsbruck? Konigsee (sp)?

molgrips
    Free Member

Innsbruck nice then? We went to Salzburg last weekend, was nice. Can only do so much walking about of course, Mrs Grips gets tired.

Konigsee – we went up there a while back but didn’t take the boat trip.

julianwilson
    Free Member

How about sunday eucharist? 😉

vinnyeh

Neuschwanstein?

molgrips
    Free Member

Went there last weekend when my folks were here. MEGA tourist trap. Next tour was two hours away, no way we could hang around for that. So we left.

Edukator
    Free Member

Munich. As I remember it’s a really nice place with friendly locals, some pretty parks, a good shopping centre and no need to sit in tin box for hours greenhousing the planet and eroding your bank balance. Alternatively a Schönes Wochenende Ticket and trundel off to the Alps with DB.

Spud

Innsbruck is small, picturesque and easy to get around. Take the cable cars up either side of the city to the cafes. Spent 5 days in Innsbruck then 3 in Salzburg and much preferred Innsbruck. There’s always Konstanz but likely to be heaving on a BH and quite a trek from Bavaria (I think). Jump on the ICE and head to the Black Forest. Lots of things I’ve wanted to do when we were over with friends in Stuttgart but they’ve moved to the UK now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What shall we do this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.