Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • What self contained light for commuting
  • richmtb

Thanks very much for all the responses.

I think I’ll go with the Lezyne 600XL which is on CRC for £42

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought an exposure strada 1200 this morning. I’be been commuting for the last 11 years and had various lights in the time, trout liberator, mtb batteries light, various chineese lights and currently use a solarstorm on the bars and an exposure joystick on my helmet – mainly as a back up light.

After buying the joystick last year going battery/cable free is fantastic.

My commute is 20 miles, 8 through the suburbs and 12 across an unlit moor. The solarstorm doesn’t quite last both ways even on low setting which means charging in work and at home and it’s just a bit of a pain.

Fantombiker

I wanted a USB chargeable light for a 1.5 each way hour commute. Been messing around with Chinese lights for years, but now wanted something cableless and well built. Bought a niterider 950 which so far has been up to the job.

mikeh
    Free Member

Anyone got experience of Tura lights? Available at the moment on Sportpursuit.

Sprite 850 lumens for £50

Gary_M
    Free Member

So the exposure strada arrived yesterday morning and I used it on last nights commute home. Bloody hell it’s good. Used it on low through town then on medium for the rest of the way and even though it was raining visibility was excellent. Remote is very hand too, I have it mounted on the bar just before the sti unit and on the side of the bar so it’s easy to change settings without taking my hands off the hoods.

Going cable and separate battery free is fantastic.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What self contained light for commuting’ is closed to new replies.