Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What Sat nav?
  • marko75
    Free Member

Looking for a Sat Nav thats got live traffic updates and free map updates – any suggestions?

The Missus likes Garmins so thought of these – any other suggestions?

garmin 2

garmin 1

Cougar

For a standalone unit, TomTom is unbeatable.

If you have a smartphone though, CoPilot is very cost-effective.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Garmin car sat navs suck. Navman even worse

Tom tom soooo much better

Based on my experiance of borrowing and hiring many

jon1973
    Free Member

do you need a data connection for CoPilot?

marcus7
    Free Member

I must say my phone nav is a bit hit and miss, the chap giving directions is very well spoken though and he doesn’t cope well Welsh names… I think I’d get a tom tom if you really need one.

Cougar

Need, no. But if you have a data connection and a traffic subscription then you can get traffic updates. The maps etc are held locally though.

Cougar

, the chap giving directions is very well spoken though and he doesn’t cope well Welsh names.

Look at SVOX.

sc-xc

Tom Tom are cack. I would rather navigate by the stars Thanv touch one of their unreliable shitfests again. Pray to god you never have to contact their customer (we don’t) care department.

CountZero

Only for live traffic, the maps are stored on the phone, and you get free map updates. Last time I checked it was about a tenner on iOS.
    Correction, just had a look, and the UK and Ireland version is £19.99. I’ve been using it for ages, and it works fine, you can edit routes by dragging the given route to where you want it, and edit parameters, like road bias, speed limits, etc.

jon1973
    Free Member

Thanks. No data sounds good. Off to france soon and spain later on and wanted a backup for my tomtom, which seems to take longer and longer to get a signal now. I’ve been using the google nav which seems fine but I don’t want to have rely on data roaming abroad. Copilot sounds like a good option, looks like they do w.europe and the uk maps for around £35. Free updates is also a plus. Tomtom screw you there, somewhat.

PePPeR

None of them are all perfect, but I’d agree for using them on a daily basis, I use Tom Tom.

Garmin and Navman are rubbish at actually navigating and Tom Tom have super shit customer service.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What Sat nav?’ is closed to new replies.