Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What saddle?!
  • ds3000
    Free Member

For commuting on a road bike. Currently on a spoon, find it fairly comfortable but not perfect. Have dabbled with spesh romin, too hard. Not bothered about weight.

Interested in others’ posterior related contact experiences.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve got a few for sale (thread on for sale section)

bigblackshed

One that fits your arse.

Sorry.

creagbhan

I found this fairly comfy on my Pinnacle Lithium.
    Sportourer FLX

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

selle smp trk

monkeyboyjc

Like said above – one that fits, just try as many as possible.
    Having said that Ive been getting on well with a wtb volt.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Charge Knife?

ThePinkster

Brooks Swallow/B15/B17 (depending on butt shape & pelvis width). Will be a little uncomfortable for a while but will mold to your rear end over time and you’ll wonder how you ever coped without it.

I have a B17 on my commuter and it’s great.

As long as you look after it it’ll probably out last you as well.

A friend of mine refers to his as his ‘bumglove’.

dudeofdoom

Tbh I reckon you break your ass in to a brooks as opposed to it breaking in.

I ride a load of bikes and used to try and keep the same saddles but nowadays just go with what they come with surprisingly my bum very rarely complains which does make me wonder whether its just ass conditioning and the hunt for the perfect saddle just coincides with reaching ass nirvana.

vongassit
    Free Member

I love’s me Smp Selle Extra, never get numb bit’s.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Hate my WTB Silverado. Find it really really hard. Need to replace it with something. Used to find a basic Bontrager comfy.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Specialized do a good range of widths within the models, and many stores will also be able to measure your sitbones* to guide you towards promising ones.

I liked my Brooks, though I killed it with the wrong leather treatment.

*you sit on a cushion which leaves an imprint, no intimate measuring required.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

The Fabric range is quite comprehensive and easy to follow and since you have the starting point of the Spoon then it would be easy enough to find what would suit.

windyg
    Free Member

I did have a spoon but found it was only comfy for about an hour, replaced it with a Prologo Kappa Evo Pas T2.0 much better, the cutout relieves the pressure I was feeling from the spoon.

Waderider
    Free Member

Brooks C17

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What saddle?!’ is closed to new replies.