Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • What running tights?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I want to look fast and sexy, and not get too cold. What do you run in?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I like 20 denier sheer tights but I don’t feel the cold.

finbar
    Free Member

Ron Hill Tracksters. DXB ones if you’re fancy.

(I appreciate these might only meet two of your three requirements)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

but I don’t feel the cold.

I never used to, but do now. Top tip for not overeating after exercise in the cold weather is to aim for overheating.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just wear shorts. If you’re doing it right, you will warm up soon enough.

willard

I can’t remember the exact type they are, but Ron Hills are the way forward.

Just remember, modesty shorts are required if you are going to be going out in public with them during daylight hours.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Ron Hills will keep you warm at least.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Don’t forget to rub a bit of deep heat on your undercarriage when it’s a bit nippy like today though.

finbar
    Free Member

Whenever i see a dude wearing shorts over running tights, i think “massive insecurity issues”.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m with you on that finbar… I don’t wear shorts over my roadie lycra, why would I wear them over running tights?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Nike ones from Sport Direct.

But then I wear shorts over the top… so maybe they ain’t for you.

However this does come from my kiteboarding days when I wore baggies over me wetsuit…

Look good, feel good, run good

MSP

I have some pearl izumi select tights for down to around 0 and some select thermal for when it gets even colder. Never liked ronhills myself just nasty 70’s cheap nylon.

And your right about staying warm to lower the food cravings.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I like my ron hill tights. Have also got the 3/4s which are ace too. Don’t go for ones that hook around the bottom of your foot. So not a good look!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i like the adidas response ones, nice and subtly brandy stripey.

but in reality i wear an old pair of thick umbro jogging pants that cost about 6quid from chav city, they keep my knees warm and it made a difference.

mustard
    Free Member

I’ve two pairs, neither prefect…
    Nike ones – not bad but Grey was not a good colour choice and I should possibly have gone for a smaller size.
    Montane ones – from Go Outdoors and therefore a few seasons old. Nice not very stretchy cordura fabric but have to be careful zipping over my calves and no elastic in the waistband.

They both work their way down as I run to give me a saggy butt but this is probably due to my lack of hips/buns rather than the tights. I’m even thinking of sewing in the bib from a pair of cycling shorts…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member
    Don’t forget to rub a bit of deep heat on your undercarriage when it’s a bit nippy like today though.

How could you post that – were you at boarding school ever?

I run and cycle (with padded shorts UNDER) in nike, adidas, under armour, linebreaker and skins. The last two slightly different obviously. But of the first three, I reckon UA shave it for comfort. Nike and Adidas comfy and very similar but adidas crotches (the mesh bit) tend not to last as long. Nice idea but not that practical.

No protection though as the cuts on bruises on my inner thigh today can justify. Start fitness often has lots of good offers.

cinnamon_girl

* swoons *

float
    Free Member

Whenever i see a dude wearing shorts over running tights, i think “massive insecurity issues”.

at least you dont have to see anything else 😉

ive got the nike ones, one run in and they seemed pretty good.

Pieface

Saucony Drylete are good.

Ron Hills and Gore all tend to be a bit long (I take R in everything else)

adi66
    Free Member

“Backswing” running tights, love em to bits, and very occasionally there available in Primarni! for next to nothing…. (Edit: Primarni own backswing – so that’s why, but there still only in there very occasionally) there nice and soft, but just thick enough to keep your legs “just right”

molgrips
    Free Member

I have some Nike ones I think from John Lewis that were a lot cheaper than all the fancy running brands, Gore etc. They are very well engineered too, articulated panels, the back pocket has a rubberised bit to stop your sweat seeping onto your phonepod etc.

Re the exposure issue – they reveal more than lycra bike shorts because the pad in bike shorts covers up my jewels somewhat. Definitely feel more naked in them but no choice really since shorts over them looks stupid.

Pieface

Shorts over tights are for punters.
    Music devices are for punters.

molgrips
    Free Member

iPod free here. My back pocket contains my phone for emergency purposes which happens to be running endomondo.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hang on…..is punters a negative thing?

MSP

Punters?

Jamie
    Free Member

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hang on…..is punters a negative thing?

Not if you’re trying to make money as a Pro’

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’d argue that peeps who dont wear shorts over their tights….

Are probably the same people whos actual shorts, are just that tiny bit too short.

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyway.

TSY. Just wear shorts. You will warm up soon enough, look manlier and it will be summer soon.

Pieface

‘Shorts’…. there’s a clue in the name

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But Jamie… I like wearing tights 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

But Jamie… I like wearing tights

Nothing stopping you from wearing them cycling or just day to day under your regular chinos.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I might get some compression ones?

seanoc
    Free Member

The Nike ones from Sports Direct are pretty nice; much nicer than the cheap Asics ones that they sell. However, they do stretch a bit.

For performance I dont think you can beat Skins; especially if your chugging down a lot of hills; the compression at the thighs help massively….and you look quite pro. My problem is that my calfs are pretty small so teh compression gubbins around that area dont tend to do their thang.

Shorts over the top only when picking/dropping the kids at school after/before a trail run. Not an insecurity issue; i just dont fancy showing all the other mothers my coq.

stumpy01

Nike ones have always done me alright.

Wear them on the bike too, more often than not.

seanoc
    Free Member

in hind sight I sould have got some capris and calfs seperate…but that worked out quite expensive.

emsz
    Free Member

A subject close to my heart.

I’ve yet to find a perfect running tights, got those asics ones that are a little too thin, Nike are best I think for this time of year,

The serious question is pants that don’t go up your bum!! LOL

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I decided to get a bum that doesn’t swallow pants instead.

Jamie
    Free Member

I decided to get a bum that doesn’t swallow pants instead.

*swoon*

derek_starship
    Free Member

What about these?

Oh – Tights 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘What running tights?’ is closed to new replies.