Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What routes would you recommend in the Brecon Beacons?
  • rewski
    Free Member

Going to be in the area for a couple of days, based in Nant Ddu, was thinking of spending a day in the Black Mountains and then visit Afan or Cwmcarn? Thanks

funkypete551
    Free Member

Brechfa is good always a good day out

captcaveman
    Free Member

Brechfa is great, green and blue are fast flowing and swoopy, red and black get steeper on the berms if you like that

From you hotel you could do central Beacons stuff but there isnt great riding direct from there, either travel to Talybont area for the Infamous “Gap” route an dolygaer bits or it can also be done from the Merthyr side which may be closer to you

Black Mountains is a bit further to drive but either big routes like the killer loop or stick to smaller hills near Llangors

pedroball
    Free Member

The Crickhowell Killer Loop is great. As are the valleys around Abertillery to the south.

rewski
    Free Member

Thanks all.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have you had a look at Bike Brechfa – they may be able to sort something for you. You are quite close to Afan, I’d only suggest Cwmcarn if it’s on the way home given where you are staying. Crickhowell Loop – I’ve got a pdf sent to me by a kind STWer, looks good

Bike Brechfa website

maxray
    Free Member

THIS: [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfYbdFsLSGo[/video]

Terrible music to go with the video though!

rewski
    Free Member

So I’m thinking crickhowell loop or the gap, that descent looks great.

@ jambalaya – I’d be interested in that PDF if you’re offering?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@rewski – no address in your profile – please email me and I’ll send it over

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What routes would you recommend in the Brecon Beacons?’ is closed to new replies.