Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Robot?
  • Kryton57

My 4.5yo is pretty set on a Robot for Christmas, ideally not remote control, although he does like RoboSapiens (convieniently 20% off at ToysRus this weekend).

Anything else I should consider? It needs to respond to his input, and ideally get his milk and biscuits for him in the evening…

richmars

Totally unhelpful, but I get to play with one of these at work:
    ABB

Snip at £14K.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Hal

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Cybug scarab is ace. Got to make it yourself, soldering the components to the preprinted board. Its autonomous and great fun. Whoops, just seen 4.5 year old. Might be a bit too delicate.

TiRed

Lego Mindstorms. Bit young, but you’ll love it anyway 😉

eskay

+1 for mindstorms. Like tired said he is probably a bit young but you will both have fun with it.

Search for active robots as well, they have some good stuff for sale.

oldnpastit

Can’t beat a robot with pozitronic brain from US Robots. Make sure that the three laws have been programmed properly though – they made a few duff ones that could behave a bit unpredictably.

Drac

The Robot from Rocky IV?

richmars

Yes, Lego Mindstorms. So long as you’re ok with the PC/programming bit, hopefully your son will get into it when a bit older.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve never used Mindstorms, but unless it’s a lot worse than any other LEGO, it’s the way to go.

maccruiskeen

Do this before carving the turkey while explaining in a calm and emotionless voice that Daddy has been a robot all along.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Robot?’ is closed to new replies.