What road tyre?

Home Forum Bike Forum What road tyre?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What road tyre?
  • Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp in a 25c

xanboy

Continental GP4000s in 700 x 25c or for something which lasts a but longer the Continental Grand Prix GT 700 x 25c

GP4000s without a doubt.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Michelin Pro4 Endurance – currently running 23mm and they are as comfortable as the 25mm Krylion Carbons they replaced, but I’d have got some 25mm ones if they were available

nicko74

I’m looking to buy some new road (700c) tyres; I’m wondering about something a bit wider to cope with p*sspoor roads.

Any recommendations, suggestions?

forzafkawi

+1 for the Fortezza Tricomps. Ribble have them for just over £20 each at the moment.

mikey74

A guy at work swears by Specialized Armadillo tyres. However, I’m a big fan of Conti GP4000s tyres and don’t really see any reason to change.

samuri

GP4000’s. I wouldn’t buy anything else. I know when they’re finished because they start puncturing. Which is fine because they’ll normally have done 2-3 thousand miles at that point

Mister P

Another vote for GP4000S in 25 here.

boblo

I’ll raise your GP4000s and give you the king of wired on; Ultremo’s. Thang you, thang you, why I thang you…. 🙂

FunkyDunc

Ive got some Michelin City tyres for commuting. They were £10 each, and have reflective stuff on the side walls. Slightly heavy but really tough and even grip a little off road.

GP4000, there is nothing that compares

boblo

Blimey Ben you must be doing some mileage to be able to properly test all available tyres…..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What road tyre?’ is closed to new replies.