Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What road shoes?
  • joe1983
    Free Member

As title, looking to get some road shoes but a bit clueless. The cheap DHB ones on wiggle get a good write up but has anyone got any suggestions in the £40-£70ish price range?

Gratsi

joe1983
    Free Member

Oh, and I’m feeling a spending spree coming on so if someone could reccomend some mid range lycra shorts/bib shorts that would be ace. Want asos but can’t afford 🙁

uplink
    Free Member

For the shorts – Giordana Tenax are pretty good

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I find the adidas shorts flowstar or whatever they’re called, that come up on ebay cheap from time to time great.

For the shoes, I have some speccy BG comps, FACT carbon sole, stiff, fit great, don’t break the bank.

oldgit
    Free Member

For cheap shoes, try the Vipers on CRC. White, two velcro straps and a third ratchet strap.
    Sure they were sub fifty quid.

joe1983
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips guys, anyone got an oppinion on these Adidas shoes:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25526

looko pretty good value, but have no idea if they are any good or not!

DeanoT
    Free Member

Might still be too expensive, but Castelli make very nice bib shorts:

joe1983
    Free Member

Hmm..I might stretch as they do look v. nice!

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

If you’re going with Parker – have yourself 20% off (spend over £50 in the next 6 days)

49D4E65F-097

joe1983
    Free Member

Thanks fuzzyfelt! That just swung it!

Edit: typical no bloody size large

wellhung
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some Medium Santini Top bib shorts from Prendas 59.99 although they have some larger sizes on special offer if you don’t mind team kit

DeanoT
    Free Member

Regarding the Castelli shorts; the sizing is quite Euro (ie small) – I wear those shorts in a size large and I’m 32″ waist, 5′ 11″ and under 11st. Just so you know…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Spesh FACT carbon soled shoes are the best I’ve ever tried and would not be swayed by anything else.

Giordana Tenex shorts are great, I’m currently ‘trying’ to get on with some Assos shorts, read between the lines.

joe1983
    Free Member

Hmm, Deano do you think I need XL then? I order some Casteli bibs in large and I’m 5’11 and 12.5 stone? Kingtut – I’m veering to the spesh shoes myself atm

FuzzyWuzzy

I have some XL Castelli bibs (5’11” 14 stone) and they’re a bit on the small side (height-wise to in that the bib straps are tight on the shoulders). OK once you’re out on the bike though so you’d probably be OK with XL.

Personally though if I were you I’d get the DHB road shoes and DHB Finchdean shorts, apart from the odd special offer you’re not going to find better at those prices.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What road shoes?’ is closed to new replies.