Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What rims for a Stooge
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

So have a Stooge incoming and plan to run 2.6 front and rear or a 2.4 rear, now in the spirit of weight saving was thinking 30mm inner width rim but would I be better off with 35mm inner?

survivor

My 2.6 front sits happy on a 30mm inner rim…. I certainly wouldn’t go bigger.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers that’s what I was hoping. Got a great deal on two kinlin 35mm rims.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I run a 3.0 dirt wizard on 45mm rim front

2.4 on a 25mm rim rear, rim is just what I had but would go 35 if buying.

I think you need a bigger front tyre on a stooge really.

Check the fit charts on wtb website for appropriate rim tyre compatibility

fudge9202
    Free Member

@wzzz really? I was hoping to keep the weight down with those size of rims, not sure where I ride I’d need a 3” tyre.

Any Stooge owners running 30mm internal rims?

mariner
    Free Member

Yes I have Swiss XM481 rims 30mm internal. Excellent rims would recommend them if you can get them at a reasonable price. Think I got my wheels built by ActionSports in Germany on 240s hubs.
    Limited by frame width on the short stay ti Stooge frame but use MK 2.4 front and 2.2 rear for off road but round here for local riding I use 57-622 G-One Allround.
    They look huge as they have a rounded profile while the MKs have a flatter profile.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Good to hear mariner, I got a great deal on two Kinlin rims ( same that Hunt use)

wzzzz
    Free Member

Iirc the geo is designed around a bigger front tyre, also the cush is nice and grip endless.

I also run a less gnar 2.8 / 2.3 combo sometimes, 35mm be fine lots run 3.0+ on them.

You know the frame is a bit over 3kg…?

Cheezpleez

Forget saving weight, a 3in front tyre is where it’s at. 30mm at the back will be fine but I’d go 40-50mm at the front.

Clobber
    Free Member

I’ve got a dually on a hope hub that I used to run with 3” tyres on the front of my rooster going begging of you need one, let me know

happybiker
    Free Member

Yes, 30mm inner on the rear with a 2.25 Ralph or NN, 35mm up front with a 3″ DHF or Chronicle, works well but I wouldn’t go narrower than 35 up front with a plus tyre, 2.8 is probably perfect for that width.

ajantom

30mm Flow Mk3 rims with 2.6 tyres for when I want to pootle.
    I also have a Surly Rabbit Hole shod wheel with a 3″ DHF for rougher days out.
    Did 50 miles on the 2.6 rear/3.0 front combo today 🙂

ijl1969
    Free Member

Hi Clobber, if OP doesn’t want the dually I’d be interested if available, email probably easiest as not sure if I managed to send a PM! Leddersuk (at) hotmail.co.uk, thanks

fudge9202
    Free Member

Clobber just saw your offer and I’ve PM’d you

Cheers

fudge9202
    Free Member

Right looks like I’m giving 29 x 3.0 a go on the front, just bought the Dually from Clobber , just think I’ll run a 30mm rear rim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What rims for a Stooge’ is closed to new replies.