Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • What ride are you looking forward to after lock down ends
  • ifra
    Free Member

Looking forward to getting out on the mendips every thursday first of all with the lads, we have had a shocking winter but we have continued to get out every week and it was just starting to get dry. Second is I am supposed to be doing my first ever trip to Coed y brenin middle May but obviously thats in doubt now.

reluctantjumper

A ride in the Brecon Beacons just so I can experience wide open spaces again (although everyone else will have the same idea so it’ll be rammed round the honeypots…) and a day at Tidworth/Windhill/Rogate with my riding mates from down south. This the most important one as a few of them are going through crap with the lockdown, one has a boss who is refusing to use the govt scheme and the other is self-employed and is possibly staring into the abyss. If they can get out on the bike socially it’ll be a massive win for all of us.

jedi

@dezb pmsl

chakaping
    Free Member

Any of them. But Lakes will be first on the list.

w00dster

Girona road riding for me, was going the last weekend of April for a week. Also Calpe for a week in October.
    May not happen this year but trying to think positively.

andermt
    Free Member

I know it’s wishful thinking but am booked in Solden in August so fingers crossed

mcdonagh2962
    Free Member

Still having a job to go back to ,so I can buy nice things for my bikes 😂😂

13thfloormonk

Have spent 6 long months recovering from a herniated disc and surgery, and have a brand new gravel bike sitting in the garage with a paltry 50km on the clock so far, so have/had a LOT of plans for this year

In ascending order of distance

75km Arrochar Gravel

https://www.strava.com/routes/22976356

105km Glen Coe Gravel

https://www.strava.com/routes/22600873

120km Loch Lomond and Aberfoyle Gravel (seeing a trend yet?)

https://www.strava.com/routes/22661870

5 Day Lochaber and Ardnamurchan Gravel tour

https://www.strava.com/routes/24086210

Will settle for slowly getting strength back on some early AM 1hr solo efforts and some quality time getting to know the rollers and turbo (again…)

bazzer
    Free Member

Portimao on the Triumph 765 🙂

roverpig

Driving somewhere remote with the mountain bike and spending hours on my own. I’m not entirely sure why I can’t do that now, but I don’t feel comfortable about it so will probably stick to gravel loops from home for the duration, even though I see a lot more people on those than I ever do in the hills. We live in strange times.

jonba
    Free Member

Bunch race or team chaingang. In fact any group ride.

That and commuting because It would be nice to start my new job at the end of this if it still exists.

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

A couple of years back I was going to head to Europe in my van and get a gravity card, a season pass for 21 lesser known bikeparks in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Slovenia and Italy.

But then the van failed the MOT (the start of all kinds of woe) and my cryptocurrency bombed.

Maybe with a bit of luck, one day it will be possible again, if Brexit allows.

trademark
    Free Member

13thfloormonk, great bunch of routes there, mind if I pinch one or two of them for later!?

jim25

Riding my new Whyte e180 I bought I week before I self locked down.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Working and riding on the super DH trail at Carron Valley.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Anything with my stepdad, as it’ll (hopefully) mean my Mum and him are ok and have been allowed over from Australia. They were due in September but I’m not confident. Failing that, first ride out with my little girl. Nothing else matters.

Tracey

Still holding off cancelling our Lake Garda and Italian Alps Trip at the end of June and then Sospel, San Remo and Finale at the end of September.
    Part of me knows it probably won’t happen this year but while its booked I can still dream.

colournoise

I won’t care where it is as long as it has hills and rocks – anywhere the new bike will be able to stretch his its legs.

On the other hand, lockdown means I now don’t need to rush to finish the build on this, as it will be wasted on bimbles down the local woods…

ads678

Road ride then pub with one set of mates.

Mtb ride then pub with another set of mates.

Anywhere I don’t care, just as long as there are people involved.

Then maybe a trip to the Alps or Pyrenees in August….

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Simple. With Pa Rider, down the railway cycle trail and around Talacre, maybe along the seafront at Kinmel or along the Clwyd. A pint. He’s 80 this year, and I can’t travel to visit the folks during lockdown. Wouldn’t wish to visit them without a test tbh. High anxiety at the mo, so got the turbo trainer fixed up at home today. Found that it helps massively to tinker with bikes, sheds, cleaning, sorting.

This Ikigai thing works! 生き甲斐

After that, looking forward to a (now twice-cancelled) FoD adventure with MTB friends. First the floods, now this. Onwards…

*colournoise that’s a proper beast 👍🏼👍🏼 In approved grey livery = even betterer 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

Well, I was planning on riding the calmino del norte this year.

That, basically (but not this year obvs).

But I’ll need to do some training first (I’m still not properly recovered from my norovirus back in January…)

blitz

Morzine last two weeks in August. Booked the chalet end of feb as we stayed there last year and it was great so wanted to get that sorted, but that’s all so far.

Hoping we can still go. Think it will be touch and go.

jonostevens
    Free Member

A dawn raid on the Quantocks.

13thfloormonk

13thfloormonk, great bunch of routes there, mind if I pinch one or two of them for later!?

Please do, I might have put a message up on forum to see if anyone wanted to join me anyway.

madedgar
    Free Member

I usually ride the Gap in the Brecons in Spring, this week would have been absolutely perfect for it. So likely I will get out there when its possible.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I did have the West Highland way planned for the beginning of May but thats now on the back burner as hostels are all closed. Its still planned but to be fair any peaks or Lakes ride will do just as long as I come out of this unscathed I dont really care

professor_fate
    Free Member

Pre-C19 plans were the Highlands post-Easter and late summer several weeks in the Alps.
    Right now i’ll settle with a decently long Highlands trip getting up into Assynt etc for the first time… i hope that’s a realistic proposition for this year sometime!
    ^colournoise – that’s a lovely choice of machine, much approval…

k1100t
    Free Member

Some sort of multi-day bikepacking, most likely up and down the Icknield Way and Peddars Way, with a kip on the beach. Or, as the Frontier 300 was cancelled, maybe try and turn any rescheduled Dirty Reiver into more of a multi-day affair.

Akers

First ride back in the Hills
    Field of Dreams ;0)
    Slovenia

bullandbladder
    Free Member

My beloved Wyre Forest. It becomes a swamp between November and April, so I tend to stay away. With this current spell of spring weather I’m starting to yearn ☹️

mehr
    Free Member

Morzine in August for me as well @blitz who have you booked with? I’m with mtbbeds and have heard nothing from them corona related

belugabob
    Free Member

Long overdue to do the whole of the South Downs Way – may even bivvy, in order to maximize the experience

lister

@mehr and @blitz We too are keeping everything crossed for Morzine in August. 2 weeks of family riding and pizza eating.
    We’re still hoping but know it’s unlikely.

lyndo76
    Free Member

Sat looking at the mountains of Morzine and Avoriaz, can’t wait to get back out on them once this is all over. It’s like being given your dream toy as a Christmas present and then being told it has to stay in the box. Stay safe everyone, this too shall pass.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

So annoying that the trails are just drying out after a hard winter of slipping and sliding all over the place, getting soaked and SO MUCH MUD ON EVERYTHING.
    And I can’t go out on them.

Really looking forward to getting my eBike, riding from Glenridding up to the top of Hellvelyn then back down Sticks Pass all in one go as fast as I can.

Walked it a while back and thought it looked amazing.
    Had to can a planned go at it due to some stupid 100mph wind storm.

Now I must wait, impatiently.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Someone in her mid forties, with a gsoh and an interest in cycling and/or sailing. Isn’t the OP using the wrong thread!😏

blitz

@mher

Just an air bnb. But it worked really well and the owner was great. Managed to sort us with the multipass etc

Will be disappointed if it doesn’t happen!

jedi

At the moment I’m riding to Herts shore/field of dreams riding a couple of simple lines and riding home just to keep the black dog away

kayla1
    Free Member

We’ve got a loop local to us that can get properly sketchy if you’re out playing, so that one probably. Oh, and Choppers, obvs.

freeagent
    Free Member

Have two weeks in Lake Garda booked in August – pretty sure it’s not going to happen now.
    Heres a pic from last summer..

null

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘What ride are you looking forward to after lock down ends’ is closed to new replies.