Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • What ride are you looking forward to after lock down ends
  • jedi

I’m, looking forward to seeing all my riding buddies in the sun on dry dusty trails and all having a beer around the bonfire

martymac

All of them . .
    Bored oot ma nut here.

ElShalimo

Any ride to a nice cafe, then finish with a few pints

weeksy

BPW and Swinley skills for me.

Along with thrashing my KTM…. it needs it… So do I.

scotroutes

Outer Hebrides tour with Piemonster.

That one-day WHW I’ve been promising myself for the past 5 years (though doubt I’ll be fit due to lock down).

Caithness gravel – undoubtedly just as we hit peak midge season.

But mainly just getting out with friends for rides, cafes and pubs.

gallowayboy

Just life, really, although a trip to the lakes and Helvellyn/grizedale on a day like today would be the icing…

Klunk
    Free Member

any longer than an hour.

timbog160

Borrowdale Bash – been meaning to do it for ages

mjsmke

any longer than an hour.

Can we not go out for more than an hour now?

honourablegeorge

Had been looking forward to a holiday in Spain. Hoping to rearrange it for later in the year.

weeksy

COme on, really do we have to do these things in EVERY thread ?

Klunk
    Free Member

These four reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

My choice for this is an hour max, you can pick 8 hours if you like.

bedmaker

The Caucasus crossing bikepacking trip I was supposed to be doing end of May.
    Hopefully next year!

But probably even more so, just hitting local trails knowing hospitals are back to their normal levels.

matt_outandabout

I’m planning a Munro by bike and looking forward to the Argyll tour planned for October.

tomd
    Free Member

Caithness gravel – undoubtedly just as we hit peak midge season.

The main question is which midge season! Personally I’m putting mud tyres on to be ready for the lockdown being lifted mid December 2021.

trademark
    Free Member

Inner/Outer Hebrides cycle tour.
    Was going to be winging it next month but at least I’ve now got time to plan a route.
    More gravel riding, and canoeing, in Scotland and a cycle camping trip to somewhere in Europe.
    Oh, and a week of circular day rides on my road bike in the west of Scotland.

Nick

<fingerscrossed>Passportes du Soleil</fingerscrossed>

joebristol

Anything in Wales basically. Cwmcarn / BMCC / BPW / Brechfa.

We were planning a 3 day South Wales trip for late May. Will re-plan that when it’s allowed / safe to do so.

For now it’s just going to be short spins locally on my own on the road bike as far from other people as possible (once my chest infection clears up).

In the meantime I’m going to work on strength / core at home in the garage and use my cross trainer to keep the cardio fitness going.

tomhoward

Whistler

Rubber_Buccaneer

I don’t know what my budget is going to be so on a rising scale;

A ride that isn’t solo

A ride that has a coffee and cake stop

Maybe Surrey Hills with a stop at Peaslake Stores

Trip to BPW

Some coaching from Katy Curd in FoD (I really like FoD)

A week with Basque MTB

Yak

Social rides, Rogate, trips to the Tweed Valley, rides where I can push a bit harder.

lucky7500

Although it seems pretty unlikely right now, I’m still sort of hoping that my trip to Moab might be able to go ahead at the end of June.
    Other than that I’d been waiting for conditions to dry up a bit before heading to Dunkeld and now would be perfect!!

cogwomble
    Free Member

Group ride on the Stanton I’ve been building up in my spare room.

Getting back into my workshop and getting a classic beetle or my VW T3 done.

Turning my VW T4 into a day van/bike transport camper of some sort.

A picnic with some friends in the grounds of my local stately home.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m limiting myself to safe riding so just looking forward to getting back on the local single-track sections first and foremost.

loum
    Free Member

Riding the BMX track with my two kids.
    Last summer, at 6 and 4 years old, I was running round with the littler one to pop him over the top of the biggest bumps. Daughter mostly had the leg strength to get round, mostly.
    7 and 5 now, They’ve both had another year riding to school and the boy’s completed a few laps of the track on his own ,back before the weekend storms blew in.
    This was gonna be our spring riding together.

nickjb
    Free Member

My local ride, but with friends and a BBQ after. Or a trip to the Alps, not been for a couple of years and we were talking about going this summer. Seems unlikely now

NewRetroTom

From home up to Argentière on the petit balcon nord and back on the petit balcon sud. It’s my classic local loop and takes less than an hour but as max distance permitted from home is 1km at the moment it is not allowed. Lots of police patrolling (even on quad bikes on the trails) so chances of being caught and fined €275 if I attempted it would be high.
    Doing that as a Wednesday night loop with a couple of others and a pint at the end would be great.

fathomer

Riding the local trails in something that isn’t a total bog with the Wednesday night gang, followed by a nice pint.

Also, our Alps trip starting 11th July, though not optimistic on that one. Oh and the Ard Rock, again, not optimistic.

So everything really!

Blackflag
    Free Member

Ive booked to do the Outer Heb Way in June. I’m fully expecting that to be cancelled. So hopefully that, but later.

doom_mountain

I was planning on bikepacking round Mull and other islands in May, hopefully I might be able to do this in the two weeks I have booked off in September? I’m remaining optimistic, so please don’t crush my dreams.

I’m only riding easy road/gravel at the moment, so a good mtb ride will be needed.

Just life, really, although a trip to the lakes and Helvellyn/grizedale on a day like today would be the icing…

I’m currently looking out the window with blue skies over the Lakes.

DezB
    Free Member

Is it wrong to say the woman I’ve been texting on Tinder?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Over the Ridgeway to The Bell and The Four Points at Aldworth.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Riding to the village with my children.

For ice cream.

The very bestest of best rides.

thepurist

After all these years I’m finally going to make a point of checking out the woods behind Nationwide in Swindon.

gribble
    Free Member

Being able to plan something, or anything. A ride. Camping with friends. Seeing extended family again.

leegee

Had a trip to Le Mans planned and then to on to Southern Austria and Northern Italy. Soelden, Dolomitti Paganella, Livingno, & Pila.

Lemans has been postponed and maybe I’ll get a week in Austria before that and meet my mates there. but I think the Italian Bike parks are doubtful this year.

kerley
    Free Member

I will be doing the same rides I have been doing for years and that will continue during during lockdown and after lockdown. None are more than 25 miles long and I always ride on my own. So no difference for me.

core

Somewhat perversely, a weekend away somewhere in the hills, isolated. But, with the freedom to roam as I wish, and have a cold cider in a beer garden at some point.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m going to strut down the road Staying Alive style.

Go on a massive group ride with my mates (I’m sure some of them will still say they’re busy).

Take my family for a nice meal in the pub.

Go for a night out with my mates.

Enjoy not being scared anymore.

Give my colleagues who work on the IT helpdesk a bit (only a bit) more respect, trying to do their job this week has been hard.

Promise my wife, I’ll do that job “when I have time” 😉

poah
    Free Member

anything TBH. I was all set to go out last saturday for the first time in 10 months when Sophie came down with symptoms. Then the lock down occoured.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘What ride are you looking forward to after lock down ends’ is closed to new replies.