Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What recession?
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

It’s like the Somme here with numerous people letting off big cake fireworks. People obviously have money to burn.

Is it denial/stupidity/pressure to keep up with the Jones’s that propels people to waste money like this?

Or are they just minted, earning vastly too much money?

noteeth
    Free Member

It’s not fireworks… it’s civil unrest! 😈

alexxx
    Free Member

troll

kimbers

yeah the plebs are rising up to overthrow the useless government

CaptJon
    Free Member

The recession ended three (?) quarters ago.

grantway
    Free Member

Really CaptJon what business you in. Unemployment Agency

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

MIL bought some rockets for my lad. Don’t know what she spent but they were she-ite. We had most fun aligning the tube trying to get the stick to land back in the garden.

Managed 1 out of 10 to land on the drive.

sharkbait
    Free Member

went to a local village display last night – bleedin brilliant. Little beer/mulled wine/hot dog tent, great display and not too many people.
    No idea how they did it for the money but I wouldn’t dream of buying our own fireworks now.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Bag of fireworks from knock off Nigel £20, kids got bored before us adults,much fun was had and we managed 4 rockets stuck into the garden..

NZCol

Sitting watching a fire develop nicely, caused by fireworks. Baffles me why they allow them here in summer-it’s dry FFS.

cheers_drive

It amazes me how many people can seemingly afford lots of rubbish fireworks at home when there are community firework shows costing a couple of quid to go to.
    Fireworks are like Christmas lights outside houses – the money spend on them is inversely proportional to household income 😈

Spongebob
    Free Member

It amazes me how many people can seemingly afford lots of rubbish fireworks at home when there are community firework shows costing a couple of quid to go to.

Agreed.

Fireworks are like Christmas lights outside houses – the money spend on them is inversely proportional to household income

How snobish!

jools182
    Free Member

agreed, at least there a 2 times a year when living next to chavs isn’t so bad 😉

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Fireworks are like Christmas lights outside houses – the money spend on them is inversely proportional to household income

Priceless!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think Diwalli was also the same date as Guy Fawkes this year, so that would be another bunch letting off fireworks too.

Cougar

People obviously have money to burn.

I see what you did there.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The village display was down in numbers last year due to heavy rain, so the voluntary takings were low – we stuffed tenners in. Big turn out last night, but the duration of the display was noticeably shorter. Some good stuff though. Don’t know what the takings were this year so don’t know how good it will be next year.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What recession?’ is closed to new replies.