Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What rear child seat?
  • dmorts

For a rear mounted child seat, is there anything out there that’s beats the Hamax Siesta @£64.99 from Decathlon in terms of value for money? https://www.decathlon.co.uk/siesta-child-bike-seat-frame-mount-id_8197442.html

It would be going onto a Ragley BluePig initially.

mashr

Because this is STW…… why not want a front mounted seat?

5lab

given most child seats are probably used twice, a second hand one would beat it for value significantly

dmorts

Because this is STW…… why not want a front mounted seat?

I’m planning to get a MacRide at some point. My son’s a bit small for one currently.

given most child seats are probably used twice, a second hand one would beat it for value significantly

Good point, I’ll see what’s out there

mashr

WeeRide is great if you would prefer a front seat. ime they are way more engaging, being strapped in means we actually did some stuff with the WeeRide that I wouldn’t do with the boy using the Shotgun 😀

nedrapier

Hamax Smiley is even cheaper, 50 ish from memory. We bought ours year, guess they’d still be making them. From decathlon too I think.

Used 8 times a week rain or shine, mounts kept on two bikes. No complaints at all.

daviek

We had a Hamax Siesta and it was used but not lots. Kids would quite often fall asleep in it if we went for longer rides. Think we got 20 or 25 for it when we sold it a couple of years back

northernmatt

Had a Hamax for crotch goblin 1, used it 3 or 4 times before giving it away. Will be getting a Weeride for crotch goblin 2 when she is a bit bigger.

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Hamax siesta here. With a second bracket one my wife’s bike. It’s the second hamax we’ve had. The poncho is good too for wet days.

I don’t like the idea of a front mounted seat as cars cannot see the child seat when coming up behind you. Plus the small person gets a face full of bugs in the summer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What rear child seat?’ is closed to new replies.