Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What rear axle is in the latest model Calibre Bossnut as stuck solid .
  • robhughes
    Free Member

What evil is the rearaxel on one of these.Just had a phone call off the nephew for help.Stuck solid.No pics so dont know what it is.He,ll be bringing it round in the morning so what can I expect.Have the relevant tools,top notch allen’s and big hammer
    Cheers all.

Poopscoop

Not sure mate but as long as he hasn’t rounded anything off, should be an easy fix.

robhughes
    Free Member

Looks like it’s just a standard bolt through according to the spec so mighty force should shift it.Just wondering if its a weird Chinese cheese shaped object.

Poopscoop

Decent allen key and a good bit of leverage and you will once again be a hero to your nephew.😁

robhughes
    Free Member

Haha..This seems to be happening a lot.
    His last bike paid many many visits to me 😂

Poopscoop

It’s like it used to be with Pc’s and still is I suppose.

You become tech support for life once you sort a PC for a friend/family.😆

Ditto bikes. Bikes are more fun to repair though!

robhughes
    Free Member

Right…Sheared off non drive side so knackered.God knows who tightend this up.
    Allen on both ends and still sheared.
    Dam
    Anyone know what it is for a new one
    Cheers

stevextc
    Free Member

Just wondering if its a weird Chinese cheese shaped object.

I had one of those with only a hex from one end making it reverse threaded.
    In the end I just drilled and tapped it then inserted a steel M10 bolt (front axle so 15mm OD) until it came loose I used one the head would then fit through after.

stevextc
    Free Member

Brand-X £15 quid-ish but actually very decent quality .. though unless they fixed CRC website you’ll need to contact them to buy (neither dropdowns or pictures were correct or even possible combinations) when I tried.. eventually customer services added it to my basket…

robhughes
    Free Member

Brand x from wiggle super fast delivery and fitted today.Slightly different thread length and 1mm longer.Fits like a glove
    Thanks for the heads up Steve
    😁😁

Poopscoop

Nicely sorted there mate.👍

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What rear axle is in the latest model Calibre Bossnut as stuck solid .’ is closed to new replies.