Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What rear 120mm rim brake wheel / rim❓
  • qwerty
    Free Member

So, on last night’s commute I hit a pit hole bloody hard with the rear wheel, the rim has split at the weld so I need to rebuild / replace it.

It’s going on a Vitus Vee – 29 single speed bike that cost me £200 new. To buy one now would cost £230-£300, so please no recommendations of Goldtec etc hubs please.

Obvious answer is a MavicOpen Pro rim for around £40 plus spokes, but I need one quick and building will add time.

Current hub is a cheapo, so anything with sealed cartridge bearings would be good.

Any complete rear 120mm rim brake wheels out there I should take a look at❓

Any other options❓

Ta

Daffy

Mango Bikes will see you a complete 120mm rear wheel with a 16t freehub for £75 and there’s a 15% discount for Jan so £65.

qwerty
    Free Member

Thanks for your input @Daffy after watching a pair of Miche X Press sell on eBay last night for £80 – I opted for a Halo Aerorage for £80 from Triton in the end.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, fixie stuff goes for silly money on ebay as theres still thousands of BSO fixies out there that need new wheels so new stuff looks good value. The HALO rims look like a pretty good choice.

13thfloormonk

I was looking at some Just Riding Along Lark Track wheels, £350 and apparently quite light although not sure I believe the stated weight of 1500g!

Would be nice to find something lighter than the typical 2.2kg anchors that come as stock on singlespeed bikes…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What rear 120mm rim brake wheel / rim❓’ is closed to new replies.