• This topic has 93 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • What random things to you have an inexplicable abundance of?
  • cranberry
    Free Member

Girth.

And dislike for Spanish outsourcing companies that make Manuel look like a … flipping.. genius.

binners

I reckon I’ve got about 6 pairs of handlebars in the corner of the shed too

maccruiskeen

Is 10 vacuum cleaners too many got one person?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

brant will be along in a minute with a p-x/on-one stock check…

tomhoward

6 pairs of handlebars

So, 12 handlebars then?

nickc

Lifetime bags from supermarkets. Enough to last, well, several lifetimes in fact.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Bottles of opened lemon and lime juice, they are taking over the fridge!

Oh and enough pots, pans and baking trays to sink a battleship… Despite there just being two of us.

db

tea lights!

They are breeding in the cupboard. Seriously there are bags of the things. My wife appears to be ‘prepping’ for some mass blackout post apocalyptic future. I didn’t think Brexit was going to be that bad…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Espresso cups, the teeny weeny ones (not the British versions that seem to hold about a bucketful) Nah.. those teeny Italian jobbies that hold about a thimble full of exquisite caffeine.

Everywhere I go, I look out for a bOutique little coffee shop and end up buying a couple of cups…

I have a kitchen cupboard top shelf rammed with them, yet only seem to use a handful on rotation. 👀👅👃

jamesoz

Chargers and charger leads. Whenever I want to charge something up I’ll be able to find the correct connection, correct Voltage, Correct Current rating. Sadly not all at the same time.

Had a purge the other day and disposed of all the Nokia chargers I think, although one may be for my clippers. It’s hard to be sure.

edlong
    Free Member

Inner tubes.

I seem to have spent a few years finding a flat tyre just before a ride, can’t remember which of the used tubes lying about in the garage have been patched and which haven’t, so I’ll just stick a new one in and patch the other one later… which to be fair I generally do, but not consistently enough that I’m confident next time I find a flat which ones have been patched and are good or maybe that one’s still waiting to be fixed, so I’ll stick a new one in for now so I can just repair that one later….

If anyone needs a substantial collection of used 26″ inner tubes, in varying degrees of repair, let me know.

timidwheeler
    Free Member

On that note.

I’ve got loads of used brake pads.  I have no idea why I keep them.

Drac

Suture scissors. Apparently also good for grapes.

molgrips
    Free Member

XT 9 speed 11-34 cassettes, unused.

Got about 7 of them in my spares box.

I’ll take em!

Loads of bars and seatposts, also quite a lot of ladies saddles that Mrs Grips went through trying to find something that fit.

But the two things that sprang to mind are caravans and nasturtiums.

binners

Flashy – if I don’t see you on a forthcoming edition of the Antiques Roadshow with your collection of silver grape scissors, then there simply won’t be the words to describe my disappointment

frankconway

Excuses – got thousands of them for every possible circumstance I might need to explain away………..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So, 12 handlebars then?

You wouldn’t wear a trousers would you?

matt_outandabout

Children.

Overdraft.

Garden weeds.

jag61

odd socks 100s of them never seem to buy them .. match them up after a few months  they then become seperated again why?

Northwind

Like the OP but, hot chocolate. There’s about 7 jars in the cupboard and they’ve probably all only had one drink taken out of them.

metalheart
    Free Member

Cotic solaris’sisi… three of em at the last count…

pairs brand new of unworn jeans. Why, a new pair arrived just this very afternoon… (in the lee sale, half price plus a further 10% and, obvs, big windows).

and ‘obsolete’ bike parts (inc a 10 speed boxed XT groupset… and, yup, several pairs of handlebars inc 762’s for 6 years ago in its wrapper…).

oh, and post it pads. 🤷‍♂️

blader1611
    Free Member

I seem to have acquired several packets of powered Hollandaisse sauce but the bizarre thing is most people have this with eggs or Salmon of which i eat neither! Even more bizarre is i dont like Hollandaisse sauce, nobody in this household does. I simply cant find a reason why we have it.

Rich_s

Wimmins toiletries. Everywhere. I am allowed to keep my supplies in a single washbag hanging from the bog door; she has a large bespoke glass fronted cupboard, plus numerous windowsills, tops of chests of drawers etc etc.

Anyway, why do girls wear perfume and makeup?

vickypea
    Free Member

Hoodies and coloured pens

tjagain

Teaspoons.  I have many dozens off them.  Never bought one.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Kids wetsuits. More than one of every size from 4 to 16. Also have  an abundance of generous family!

andrewh
    Free Member

Plasterboard (free to collect from Galashiels/Peebles area if anyone wants some?) Also a bag of plaster

Some wierd rubber/elastic strap/bungee things with a plastic hook on them, massive bag full from god knows where.

breadcrumb

Anyway, why do girls wear perfume and makeup?

Coz they stink and be ugly…

We seem to have dozens of Barclays pens.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teaspoons.  I have many dozens off them.  Never bought one.

Proper tea(spoons) is theft, comrade!

garage-dweller

Part worn, slightly damaged but possibly serviceable 26inch MTB tyres

I understand why I have loads of 700c tyres. I bought tyres I really don’t like and am too community spirited to sell them to some poor sod who might ride on them to misery.

Odd bolts, screws and washers that I’ve kept just in case and which never actually seem to ever get used.

BillMC

Lifetime bags. MrsMC loves going into foreign supermarkets and comes out with empty bags. Grape scissors? I thought they were for when you had a bunch of grapes of your own.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Pens and pencils in weird / glittery colours.  How does 1 child accumulate so many and where do all my plain blue / black pens disappear too.

Stem ginger in syrup – 4 jars – small pieces are  used as decoration on ginger cake.

Horseradish sauce – 6 jars – only use it as an accompaniment to roast beef.

Suncream and insect repellant – buy it for every holiday as I can never find the stuff I know I have before the holiday.  Come to put the new stuff away after the holiday and find dozens of jars of the old stuff.

maccruiskeen

Stem ginger in syrup – 4 jars

look up Jamie Olivers recipe for grilled strawberries – soooo nice and will take care of your stem ginger surplus.

crazy-legs

tea lights!

They are breeding in the cupboard. Seriously there are bags of the things.

My mother recently had a new boiler installed in her house in a cupboard under the stairs which up until then had been a dumping ground for random kitchenware & tinned food.

When I reshelved it to accommodate this fine new boiler, it got a complete sort out but there were hundreds of tea lights. Oh and evaporated milk. Must have been 8 tins of it. I have this vision of a post-apocalyptic world with my mother crouched round tea lights living off evaporated milk…

martinhutch

Yes, we have the tea light thing going on. Plus cans of mixed pulses, which are obviously bought in a moment of good intentions, never to be actually used.

I thought grape scissors were a surgical instrument used for dealing with haemmorhoids?

gauss1777
    Free Member

Stem ginger in syrup – 4 jars

look up Jamie Olivers recipe for grilled strawberries – soooo nice and will take care of your stem ginger surplus.

Or or just eat it straight from the jar – yum, yum 😋

ElShalimo

Toothbrushes – every time I go to buy one in the supermarket I get a multi pack. Then forget I’ve got them, repeat, repeat, repeat.

DrJ

Earphones. Every time I go on a trip I get to the airport and realise I forgot to pack them, so I have to buy a pair from Dixons.

derek_starship
    Free Member

GT85. It always seems to be on offer in Aldi and I can’t resist.

BigJohn

Two things stick out from the list above:  throw out all the old self-raising flour as it goes stale remarkably quickly.  Cakes are much better with fresh flour (which is less likely to have weevils in it) and get rid of some of those tape measures.  If you want to make something good, always use just the one tape measure – and make sure the end stop isn’t bent and there isn’t excessive play in the rivets.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘What random things to you have an inexplicable abundance of?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts