• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by bonni.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What QR Road disc wheels for crappy roads/light gravel duties?
  • bonni

As above. Budget £350-ish. 32mm tubeless tyre compatible would be ideal.

Any recommendations?

frankconway

Roches (22mm) Disc Brake, Tubeless Compatible 12mm Bolt Through

No experience of them but considered as replacement wheels; spec not right so didn’t proceed.
    The brand have a good name.
    Check on-line reviews.
    On sale at c50% off which brings them inside your target price.

igm

Superstar with Road50 code?

ransos
    Free Member

Those wheels are through axle. Hunt do wheelsets in the OP’s price range with QR adapters. They get good reviews.

mcnultycop

Hope 20 five.

frankconway

Ransos – didn’t spot QR in thread title.

joebristol

Mason X Hunt 4 seasons either in the road or gravel spec would do the job within budget. Come pre tubeless taped with valves and are pretty light for the money.

bonni

Ta. I thought I’d been left behind with QR, but Hunts or Hopes sound good. Cheers.

mrb123
    Free Member

Send Mark at Spokesman wheels an email with your budget and requirements.

You should be able to get some nice handbuilt wheels for that money. Rims such as H Plus Son Hydra or Kinlin. Novatec or Miche hubs.

Malcolm at the Cycle Clinic is also recommended.

Vortexracing

Hope 20 five.

2nd that, mine have been faultless for 3 years

ampthill

Hope five20

richardkennerley

There’s JRA and Scribe wheels as well, all similar budget wise to hunt

anagallis_arvensis

Prime Race from Wiggle, spend the 150 change on coke and hookers

ransos
    Free Member

Send Mark at Spokesman wheels an email with your budget and requirements.

I’m not entirely happy with my Spokesman wheelset: after multiple broken spokes I had the rear wheel rebuilt.

clubby

Dt Swiss. Either E1800 or C1800 spline. Have both, E on winter road bike and C on gravel bike. Bought as a pair they come with qr and thru axle adaptors, set of tubeless valves and cons ready taped. Both set went up tubeless with a track pump.
    Running 28c on the E and pretty sure a 32c would be nice shape on it. Both sets have great road feel.

neilthewheel

+1 for a hand built set. Spa Cycles in Harrogate did me a set for my winter bike (onLX hubs but all kinds of options) and they are tough and go just as quick as my summer wheels.

snakebite
    Free Member

Id go Hunts all day long. more than happy with the 4 seasons on my gravel bike and 4 season aero on the winter roadie. both running tubeless with no issues whatsover.

B@rney
    Free Member

Mavic Open Pro (new versions) with something like a Miche hub will come in a £250 ish. Perfect

zntrx
    Free Member

Mavic all road come in around £250 too. I got a rear a few weeks ago running tubeless, seems good to me.

Paradiso
    Free Member

I’ve got some Novatec CXD wheels. Seem light, but durable.

bonni

Thanks everyone. Gonna look at some of these in more detail.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What QR Road disc wheels for crappy roads/light gravel duties?’ is closed to new replies.