Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • What psi for llandegla
  • singlespeedstu

The correct answer is sell your hardtail and buy an Orange 5.

You should never attempt a trail as difficult as that with a lesser bike.

grum
    Free Member

Twelvty

SOAP
    Free Member

The same as what you had last week.

aracer
    Free Member

What do you think the answer should be, OP?

Paceman
    Free Member

Whatever you normally have in your tyres, Llandegla is nothing unusual. 😀

bikemanspen
    Free Member

I presumed I would get a rough answer obviously there’s lots of variations. In motox which I raced for many yrs tyre pressures were very important and a few psi hear or there could make a big difference!
    I was wanting a few ideas as to what people run.

But nevermind there’s to many trolls without anything else better to do (get bk on Facebook) thanks for the few decent answers I received.

singlespeedstu

There have been a few serious answers given.
    Seems you just ignored them…

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Ah! Now given that bit of context your question doesn’t seem so daft. Seriously though, in mountain biking there are that many variables that mostly it comes down to your own preferences. As a rule though, 30 – 35 psi is about what most people use. Harder pressures mean the tyre doesn’t deform to the ground so much and so rolls faster but this is at the cost of grip.

FWIW I’m a great big heft rugby player type and I run 40 psi in the 2.1 tyres on my XC bike and about 32 in the 2.5s on my DH bike.

grum
    Free Member

Ok, the serious answer is, it depends so much on the tyres, the bike, your style of riding and personal preference that its impossible for other people to tell you. And the idea of there being one recommended pressure for a particular trail centre is a bit daft.

Also, you picked Llandegla which for some reason attracts lots of controversy on here, so I think lots of people assumed you were trolling, and wrote silly replies.

shortcut

Depends how fat you are, tyre choice, wheel size and prevailing conditions. I am sure someone could write an algorithm but you wouldn’t understand it!

bikemanspen
    Free Member

I didn’t ignore the serious ones thanks for those 😉
    Wish I never asked though. Haha

singlespeedstu

If you’ve riden MX you’ll also know how much of a personel thing tyre pressure is. 😉

fivespot
    Free Member

Llandegla is my local, I run 21-23 front, 31-33 rear,2.2 Rubber Queens tubeless. It’s generally grippy, but I find too much air in the front, and on some corners it looses grip. If you are tubed, try 28f 30+rear. Have fun 🙂

Mantastic
    Free Member

Am heading out with 5psi this morning, found six last week too high

Toasty

Also worth mentioning, most people around Llandegla I see are riding 17-18″ bikes, probably the best size for the area.

HTH

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

It should feel more like an orange than an apple

Eh…I don’t get it 😕

simondbarnes

80psi last time I was there but that was on my cross bike.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What psi for llandegla’ is closed to new replies.