Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What prescription riding glasses and where from?
  • Handsomedog
    Free Member

Not really wearing my contacts any more so looking for some prescription sports glasses that I can wear for road/mtb/driving/looking awsumz.

Apart from oakleys from an optician, what else can people recommend and where from? I’d rather not have something with an insert.

DrP

I got my Oakleys from…. Tesco!

Had a good deal on at the time – was about £180 for 2 pairs – one clear, one polarized.

I wish i’d gone clear and photochromatic, but hey ho!

DrP

IHN

Buy some sunglasses that you like the look and price of (in my case, £14 from Mountain Warehouse)

Send them along with your prescription to Ciliary Blue and get them reglazed with Transitions lenses for about £60.

Job jobbed

*edit – normal, dark, non-Transitions lenses will be even cheaper if that’s what you want

Handsomedog
    Free Member

@IHN – that’s an awesome service. I can get my current oakleys reglazed maybe.

chipster

I got my Puma sunnies from Specsavers. Varifocals and astigmatism correction for £100.
    Comfortable, good lenses for a reasonable price.

Bez

I bought some Enduras and had them done by Ciliary Blue (who I’ve used for a couple of non-sports prescriptions as well). Trivex lenses, transitions and adaptive mirror coating (clear when clear, mirrored when dark) came in at £160. Initially had an issue with the lenses not being quite spot on in the frames but I sent them back and they sorted it. Now wondering whether I can bear to part with my M-Frames and six lenses, as they’re now sort of surplus to requirements 🙂

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I used CiliaryBlue to get new lenses for my Oakley jawbones and they were good. Currently looking for new glasses/lenses for my wife and will probably go CiliaryBlue again.

IHN

I’ve just had a quick look and Ciliary Blue’s prices have gone up since I last used them, but still good value.

BillOddie

I need new lenses for my Jawbones as the current ones are about 5 yeasrs old and scratched to heck, plan to use Cillary Blue when I get round to it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Any reason to not stick with contacts just for riding?

Mainly what I wear contacts for. It got way too expensive smashing up prescription glasses regularly. Plus I find the view with contacts is more open (even if wearing protective glasses, which I have to do with contacts in case of bugs and dust. Bolle safety specs – £6).

Handsomedog
    Free Member

@deadkenny – I just don’t wear them often enough so they irritate my eyes, and the monthly subscription is a drag.

skids
    Free Member

I have had good experience with selectspecs and rxsport

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What prescription riding glasses and where from?’ is closed to new replies.