Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • What power bank
  • dyna-ti

Do you run your power hungry devices with ?

grum
    Free Member

Biggest Anker you have budget for.

aide

yeah, anker. very happy with mine

tuboflard

Was going to say Anker too. Got a Powercore 20000 for £30 off Amazon earlier this year. Good for a weekend of camping for two with iPhones and Apple watches.

tthew

All much of a muchness, you just need to look for one with a decent capacity, (a big mAh number) at the price you like.

Only caviat is I wouldn’t buy a really cheap one direct from China. Go with one from a UK or European website who will have done a bit of due diligence on the electronic safety.

whitestone
    Free Member

Anker or RavPower. Whatever capacity you decide you want, halve it and get two of that size, i.e. 2 x 10,000mAh rather than 1 x 20,000mAh. Gives you redundancy in case one fails.

peteimpreza

Whichever Anker suits your budget

fossy

Anker. Simples

P20

Another happy anker user

anagallis_arvensis

I got an alpkit one to avoid using amazon

fossy

We buy Anker chargers, bluetooth speakers and headphones now. Just real good quality.

You can’t buy a ‘Samsung’ charger off the net – most are FAKE, so we just get Anker. Even got an Anker to charge my daughter’s Ipad 12.9 pro as it’s 3x faster than the Apple one.

dyna-ti

Anker – Check
    “halve it and get two” Smart thinking – Check

2ndry question. I take it all the wee pluggy in bits are the same. This is for the gopro I’ve just bought.

tuboflard

Mine has two USB ports and a USB-C port from memory. So no issues with charging a GoPro from it.

fossy

USB for output, USB C or older USB Micro for charging the powerbank. One of my power banks is ‘wireless’ as well – plonk the phone on top.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Any anker power bank that’ll charge a xiaomi phone 33w, ie turbopower?

seosamh77
    Free Member

I bought an imuto one from amazon which has been bang on 20000mah, and does 30w charging on the usbc port, 12w charging on the others.

was that one, though looks like 40 quid now, I got it for 30.

42w total charging, but that means 30w max on one port and 12w on another. think if you plug in more it’ll probably balance that out, I only ever do 2 things tops, so dunno.

Charges all my stuff anyhow, android phone, dji mini 2, m1 macbook air etc etc.

peteimpreza

“ I got an alpkit one to avoid using amazon”

There was no need to spite your face

https://uk.anker.com/collections/portable-power

anagallis_arvensis

There was no need to spite your face

Don’t feel I did, works well and a good price.

https://alpkit.com/products/juice-holder-20000mah-power-bank

grum
    Free Member

Lots of the cheaper brands on Amazon are telling porkies about their capacity I believe.

Any anker power bank that’ll charge a xiaomi phone 33w, ie turbopower?

You can get ones with QC3 fast charge which charges my Xiaomi v fast, not sure about the exact wattage.

vinnyeh

Be careful, you want one that has usb-c for both input and output, which a lot of the cheaper ones don’t, the usb-c is only for charging the powerbank.

grum
    Free Member

Agreed ^^^^

squirrelking
    Free Member

Lidl/Aldi £10 10000mAh

molgrips
    Free Member

All much of a muchness

I think that some cheaper ones have ropey used or reject cells in. That’s why I go with Anker.

richmtb

I’ve got a RavPower one, 55Ah. Had it a couple of years, bit bulky but its impressive how much stuff it can charge. 7 or 8 mobiles and 2 or 3 good size tablets. It charges things fast too.

mattyfez

Agree with the above, Anker is a safe bet, but I currently have an Energizer one (as in the battery brand) and it’s been fine.

Just go with a reputable brand/retailer would be my advice as you do get cheap fake ones that are lower capacity than advertised and/or dodgy electrics.

grum
    Free Member

I think RavPower are ok also. I refuse to buy stuff on Amazon with algorithmically generated brand names that will be something different next week.

thebibbles

Anker 20,000mah for day-to-day stuff. Ridgemonkey 77,000mah for camping trips.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can any of these things charge a Macbook Pro via USB-C?

franksinatra

Don’t just default to getting the biggest though. Some of the bigger ones are really heavy which is not great if you only need to top up a phone on one nights bike packing. Be smart about when and how you will use it and get the right size.

Another vote for Anker.

sl2000

Can any of these things charge a Macbook Pro via USB-C?

Yes. You want ‘Power Delivery (PD)’ at a wattage enough to power your laptop. https://uk.anker.com/collections/portable-power/products/b1376 would do it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm yes, I was looking at buying (yet another) power bank for my upcoming Lakes weekend where I might end up needing quite a lot of power to charge lights, what with it being October and all. Seems like 10,000mAh wasn’t quite enough for 6,400mAh lights and a 3,000mAh Garmin, but 20,000 seemed like overkill. I was wondering if it were possible to justify the purchase by getting something I could use with my laptop but it seems that’s very expensive.

I’ve ordered the sole 13000mAh offering, for a 50g weight penalty and no USB-C output.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘What power bank’ is closed to new replies.