Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What political party for Bikepark Wales?
  • blob
    Free Member

Plaid Cymru apparently?!

Did anyone else just catch that on C4. Not sure what mountain biking’s got to do with an independent Wales but there you go.

tomhoward

[Radical thought] Because its in Wales? [/radical thought]

gwaelod
    Free Member

I popped into BPW today..it was absolutely hooching – I have never seen so many audis or body armour.

b45her
    Free Member

I popped into BPW today..it was absolutely hooching – I have never seen so many audis or body armour.

and most of them are total mincers.

grum
    Free Member

hooching

And how bizarre to see body armour at a DH centre. 😕

b45her
    Free Member

not got a problem with armour, but when the storm trooper is mincing down a blue trail at walking pace on his carbon V10 i find it quite amusing.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I was ther today , and Useing my full face for first time as not sure what to exspect but not on a v10
    And I hope not going to slow.

It was rammed though

And which ever party puts up some more road signs and sorts out a direct route up

tomhoward

not got a problem with armour, but when the storm trooper is mincing down a blue trail at walking pace on his carbon V10 i find it quite amusing.

Why?

bigrich

Why?

before it became the ‘new golf’, we had a term all-the-gear-no-idea for people who bought the flash kit without doing their time in the saddle to actually get good at riding what they had, before you’d even need the marginal gains offered by chi-chi stuff. They used to stick out a mile. Now it’s mostly the other way round.

clubber
    Free Member

Ah, inverted snobbery. Nice 😉

tomhoward

Bigrich, I’m well aware of the term, I’ve been riding a number of years now, you know. 😉 I’m just curious as to why it’s funny that someone wants to get the best kit they can afford, to do a sport they enjoy? Why should they have to suffer the tat we did 15-20 years ago?

Doing time in the saddle? Wtf is that supposed to mean? Thou shalt have a shitheap bike until your ability (not your wallet) affords you a nice one? I know loads of talented riders who aren’t exactly Scrooge mcduck, should they be given nice bikes?

mikey74
    Free Member

What’s with the “Coal not the dole” trail name? It’s a bike park, not a political statement. Or am I reading too much into it?

bigrich

Because they look stupid, and that’s always funny.

and of course it’s snobbery, it’s part of the human condition.

clubber
    Free Member

On the basis that you seem to think that earning your equipment is a good thing then I’d expect you to strive for betterment of you character by not sneering at others

orangeboy
    Free Member

As far as amour goes if you can afford some nice stuff why not.
    I’m no trail god but have a nice force field shirt and carbon lid

Because I can’t do huge road gaps and whips should I only buy crap ill fitting stuff

On a different note why should you pay for an uplift if your not fit enough to earn the decent with some exercise on the climb

nealglover
    Free Member

before it became the ‘new golf’, we had a term all-the-gear-no-idea for people who bought the flash kit without doing their time in the saddle to actually get good at riding what they had, before you’d even need the marginal gains offered by chi-chi stuff. They used to stick out a mile. Now it’s mostly the other way round.

You should try surfing.

You would fit right in with your attitude.

They all seem to dislike new people enjoying “their” sport too.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Gotta love the inclusiveness of the mtb community.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Mtb is a whole lot more friendly than surfing

clubber
    Free Member

Same old guff you get in some crap roadie clubs. The ones that have largely been dying out luckily. IME it usually comes from the guys who were never much good but think that years somehow earn you the right to dictate to others.

acehtn
    Free Member

Perhaps Mr carbonV10 was on his first run of that track ?

without the benefit of pre-walking a track before riding it even Steve Peat types will have a slow roll down to check things out.

I don’t know anyone that will hit an unknown track at race pace without knowing what’s round that blind corner or jump.

Did also catch the end the end of the C4 thing, did wonder what it was about.
    Also the BDS dates for 2014 are out, and Bike park Wales is on the list wonder if any worldcuppers will do strava 🙂

gwaelod
    Free Member

I noticed there were no road signs.

looked a very well set up operation though

Oh, give over everyone – we all like to take the pee out of Mr ATGNI. Just cos bigrich has re-iterated a time old adage and some of you have obviously gone all weekend without getting laid, no need to get all sanctimonious.

We are all having fun, as I’m sure is Armoured up Audi man – it’s just a bit of light hearted banter.

And yes, if they are mincing down a blue in full gear at walking pace, they do look stupid – but then we are MTB’ers; none of us look particularly cool!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Because they look stupid, and that’s always funny.
    and of course it’s snobbery, it’s part of the human condition.

Actually its just part of your condition ( of being obnoxious )

epicyclo

If I was new to downhill, I’d be more likely to want armour for the learning stages because that’s when the majority of the crashing is done…

bigrich

Actually its just part of your condition ( of being obnoxious )

pfft, just hanging shit; when did mountain bikers get so uptight?

Northwind

I’ve always liked “Why are you wearing body armour, you’re slow”. Because obviously less skilled people can’t benefit from body armour, they never crash.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

And… erm, Back to Plaid Cymru…?

Yes, I did think it was a little ridiculous. I also think its a bit stupid the way they assume to speak for all the people in (an independent) Wales (as was the ‘tone’ of the broadcast at the end). They don’t speak for me.

I did think the bloke in black at the end was pinning it pretty effectively on that section though.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What political party for Bikepark Wales?’ is closed to new replies.