Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What point and shoot camera for under £200 notes?
  • welshfarmer

Fed up of taking “fantastic” pics with my phone that turn out to be carp. Used my brothers Lumix on the weekend and found the quality was brilliant. My last compact was a Ricoh and I was really disappointed with it. So looking to buy something up to about £200 which can be left on point and shoot 90% of the time but will allow some fiddling if the mood takes.

Should be farmer proof too 🙂

Any recommendations or bargains about at the mo?

welshfarmer

Bump.

Someone must have an opinion?

cb

Have a search, its been done recently.

SaxonRider

Are you looking for new? I have a Nikon I bought from someone on here a number of years ago and that will probably meet your needs. If interested, I’ll let you know what model it is when I get home.

cb

I got a Sony HX90 recently for a little over your budget – enjoying it. Others have enthused about the Rx100(?) Mk1 which can be had for a little over budget as well. Big thread on it at the moment

welshfarmer

Cheers chaps. I did see the other thread but it seemed to be focused on all singing/all dancing £400-£500 compacts, hence asking about stuff a little more in my suitability bracket.

Let me know what the Nikon is when you get home Saxonrider. Not against S/H.

jam-bo

olympus tough range?

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Lumix TZ70 should be available for around that price, not sure if the cashback offer has finished though.TZ80 is out soon so the TZ70 price may drop. Decent images with lots of scope to fiddle with settings as well as fully automatic. 39x zoom as well.

nickjb
    Free Member

Not sure what the latest version of the Lumix LX3 is but it takes great pictures in auto and has enough fiddle options.

mark90
    Free Member

If you liked the Lumix, look for one around that price point, I don’t think there are a bad Lumix cameras. Been really happy with our point n shoot Lumix (DMC FS10). It seems well put together and has stood up to a good few years use (must be at least 5-6 years old). Produces decent photos too.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

I’m selling a cheap DSLR if that’s of any interest to you ?

Let me know.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Should have read 30x zoom for TZ70

Edukator
    Free Member

Of the Lumix

Decent images with lots of scope to fiddle with settings

I hate mine, the odds of switching it on, pointing it, pressing the video record button and the thing then recording something are too low. I keep turning the touch screen off but it comes back to life, I then accidentally touch the screen so a menu pops up and the shutter buttons won’t work, I can’t see what’s on the screen because it isn’t bright enough to cope with sun on snow or sea so have to turn off and try again by which time…

The pics from my phone aren’t great but good enough so the Lumix is generally left at home.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What point and shoot camera for under £200 notes?’ is closed to new replies.