• This topic has 31 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by flip.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • what plans have you got for 2014?
  • richmtbguru
    Free Member

Ok, it’s been a few week now since I was last on here and as promised I’m back and will be talking about the plans I have for 2014. So as some of you may know I’m still waiting to get my book finished and hopefully should be published at the end of February, the book ‘ something to believe in ‘ will cover a wide array of my life from my time in the military right through to the challenging but yet rewarding guiding and skills coaching I did which brought about many of the young up and coming talents to the table.
    I will be describing some of my unique techniques I taught from the bald tyre technique best suited to the enduro style rider, to the chainless rider technique which learns and forces a rider to use ‘ flow ‘ and pump a track which excels itself best in trail riding. These techniques are just a few of some of the amazing skill improvers that are totally my own and helped me succeed and get me where I am today.
    This year I’m thinking of taking a step back and letting other riders have a chance and so will not be competing, instead I will be concentrating my efforts into some charity work with whom hopefully I will be working along side my good old rowing friend and another talented athlete Mr James cracknell, me and James met over 15 year ago and trained together for numerous amounts of events, the one thing that spurred us both on was passion and commitment. Passion and commitment will get you the medal you deserve and without these main ingredients we would not be where we are today..
    So back to you guys, what does the average stw mountain biker have planned for 2014? 🙂

tomhoward

To become as awesome as you.

motorman
    Free Member

Ride bikes, drink coffee & eat cake.
    The way it’s always been…

scotroutes

You’re trying too hard now.

You were much funnier before.

benji
    Free Member

Do you not find your flowing red cape get’s stuck in your rear wheel, or do you have a special no rear wheel riding technique to get the rider used to the concept of a front wheel and avoid super hero cape entanglement 🙄

As an average stw mountain biker, I’m going to aim to rip it out of your pompous self congratulatory drivel.

jameso

Reading your book I hope. Really .. : )

fadda

Bit OTT… 🙄

Rorschach
    Free Member

fathomer

Lost for words!

lucien

Hobnob? Anyone?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d like to make it clear that richmtbguru is in NO WAY associated with the Brotherhood of Big Hitters.

jodafett

Your a cheat and a thief. I developed the Bald Tyre Technique (or iBiTTe) when I rode up Mount Everest in 1983. My tyres froze which resulted in the knobs chipping of my tyres. The descent was difficult but I’m still KOM with a time of 4m27s. The chain-less technique ( or CLiT) was developed when I cycled round the world. I travelled East to West and while in Cambodia my chain was kidnapped, I was forced to use the Flow and pump my way round the rest of the world. You can refer to my book published in 1974 titled Jody’s Jollies. You will be hearing from my lawyers in due course you swine.

Edit – and my good friend of 67yrs is Sir Row, Row, Row Your Boat.

jekkyl

A weekend in Wales & 2 weekends in the lakes. Plus 2/3 races & one of them trail quest efforts. Plus 2/3 rides a week round the local area coz I love cycling so goddamn much!

jam-bo

scotroutes

jodafett – I’ve tried playing around with the CLiT too. I think I have it licked now.

jodafett

I’ve tried playing around with the CLiT too. I think I have it licked now.

😀

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yes that’s all very nice …but……which wheel size is best ????

richen987
    Free Member

All about the CLiT [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB51NCcvuMs&feature=youtube_gdata_player //[/video]

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hmmmm.

I’m surprised that you manage to get helmets to fit that rather large head 😉

My plans are to ride as much as possible and enter a couple of Mini Enduro’s.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTSGp4UdEvQ[/video]

colournoise

Picasso said “When I was a kid I drew like Michelangelo. It took me years to learn to draw like a kid.”.

When I was a kid I rode like richmtbguru. This year I hope to learn to ride like a kid.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Jodafett you made me pi$$ my pants 😆

el_boufador

Ace

Nick

Have you got a blog Rich? I think you should have one, one that is like a parody, but is in fact reality, which is much funnier.

Please.

seavers
    Free Member

So Rich….how do you mop up after a post like that? I can’t believe you are a sock man.

wiggles
    Free Member

Name dropping rowers? this has gone to far…

kill it with fire I say.

6hours
    Free Member

Once I have recovered from shoulder surgery for the second consecutive winter, I will be riding as often as I can, and trying to attain my own level of averageness, while not particularly giving a toss about anyone with a superior attitude.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

you claim to have invented all these techniques but none of them would even be possible if it wasn’t for my ‘rolling a wheel along the floor'(patent thinking about pending) technique which i have (some) (proof) i (invented) as a toddler. ill see you in the small claims court in Ammanford before i read your (soon to be finished) book

cloudnine
    Free Member

Is the op having a laugh or just a bit deluded.. it’s gotta be a dual login

garage-dweller

This year I will improve: my general lifestyle including, fitness, removing some of prior year’s cake retention, better life-Work balance, ride more, walk more and drive less.

I fear that this may leave me with insufficient time to read rich’s book but then we must all make sacrifices.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I will just be out for a nice ride, it’s a hobby that I enjoy, not a competition. My aim this year is to get my leg strength back after the fracture last year and knee surgery three times. My maximum ride distance last year was 15 miles. If I can double that, explore more of Darwen Moor,Rivington and visit some new Trail centres and enjoy myself. Before settling for imminent Shoulder surgery, I’ll be happy.

Get my finances in order after 6 months off work and enjoy myself. Praying that the weather plays nice. Lots of sunny days last year and I spent most of them in A cast, knee brace and general hobbling around.

flip
    Free Member

This guys more awesomz than surfmatt

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘what plans have you got for 2014?’ is closed to new replies.