Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What Photo Printer?
  • Travis

I am looking at buying a photo printer.

Any suggestions?

Alphabet

I’ve got a Canon Selphy cp800 which is fantastic but it only prints 6×4. For anything else I use Internet printing firms which works out cheaper and easier than doing it myself. IMO.

wl
    Free Member

Alphabet – which online firms do you rate for quality and price (with the emphasis on quality)? Ta.

flyingmonkeycorps

http://www.loxleycolour.com/

Much better quality than Photobox et al, and far more reliably so too. Not that much more expensive either, I think £1.35 vs £1.44 for a 10×7″ print.

bland

£10 for 200 6×4″ with border in Asda.

We normally do about 1000 of the kids as its so cheap its hardly worth going through what you want developing and what you dont.

Can never have too many printed pictures.

Surely at prices as low as that a photo printer is the daftest purchase ever

johnellison
    Free Member

I have a Canon Pixma iX6550. It will do up to A3+ (oversized A3) borderless and the print quality is astonishing for a “cheap” printer. £149 all in. Five separate ink cartridges (Cyan, Mangenta, Yellow, black (photo) and black (text) which work out at about £9 each. You can replace individual cartridges as and when rather than a full set at a time.

Surely at prices as low as that a photo printer is the daftest purchase ever

Depends what you’re doing with it. For holiday snaps, yes. But if you’re turning out large-format, high quality photos and fine-art prints on archival quality paper it’s the cheapest way of doing it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What Photo Printer?’ is closed to new replies.