Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • what phone .
  • scraprider
    Free Member

Well my current iphone 4 has been ready to upgrade for a few months now, so with the 5 out, great i thought , but no my brother has one and i can say im not impressed, so as im thinking of getting a tablet ive opted for the galaxy note, fits the bill very well for me , i would wait for the note 2 but the specs arnt all that different .any one having the dilema.

daveh
    Free Member

What’s up with the 5?

Kryton57

daveh – Member
    What’s up with the 5?

Yes, please tell….?

scraprider
    Free Member

it just looks the same , it may be a bit bigger a bit quicker , and a few specific apps, i just feel its time for a change really.

CountZero

Ah, it’s all about the appearance then, not how well it’s made, or how well it does the job. I quite understand…
    Personally, I like a phone that drops easily into a pocket, not to have to carry a handbag to carry my phone in.
    But maybe that’s just me… 😕

RoterStern
    Free Member

What about the new Samsung due out in a few months. 😉

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Picked up my 5 today, can’t see what there is to be unimpressed about.

takisawa2

My contract is up, for my Desire HD. Looked at the Galaxy S3 & HTC One X on Sat but they look & feel really plasticky, & other than the latest Android software I can’t see what I’ll gain TBH. Prob going to go on a sim only deal.

therealhoops
    Free Member

DO NOT get a Lumia. If it’s anything like the 710 I’ve got then you’ll spend the remainder of your contract wondering why you didn’t get an iPhone like the wife told you to get at the time.

sbob
    Free Member

Picked up my 5 today, can’t see what there is to be unimpressed about.

Can you open beer bottles with it?
    ‘Cause a phone that can’t be used to crack open a cold one, well, sounds powerful gay to me.

Just sayin’…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Galaxy S2, S3 or New S4 coming soon.
    Any of the top end HTC’s?
    New motorollas look good too.

Plenty of choice on size and shape and spec 🙂

I got the S3 and it’s great. Nice big screen, light and decent battery life (also all of those new features on the iphone are on it already) – the maps work 😉 Chrome browser is nice. Widgets are great.

Nearly got the HTC but fancied a change and the wireless charging appealed – the idea of a completely sealed case with no ports etc might be good. Will see when the kits become more available. Also looking at getting some of the tech tiles NFC stickers. Programme actions based on touching the tiles.

Now is a good time to be shopping as there are loads of good phones – just go play with some

Kryton57

HTC One X is iphones equal apparently, but big, like the S3

HTC One S is also iphones equal, and is the approxiamate size of the iphone, but not exapandale beyond 16GB.

I also read two independant reviews last night that stated the iphone still was the most bestest in terms of real life usuablity.

ElShalimo

I’m in a similar situation with my HTC Wildfire. I want to replace it with something roughly the same size, better battery life and with newer Android OS.
    Is there anything out there that isn’t huge? Galaxy S3 is nice but it’s like CountZero says, it’s not pocket size, you need a man-bag to carry it around
    Are there any smaller smartphone handsets out there that are any good?

ElShalimo

oops, killed the thread

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You guys must all be wearing your sisters jeans. S3 fits fine in a pocket 😉

uwe-r
    Free Member

i like the wifes new nokia lumia 800. Nicest phone i have ever used.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

nokia lumia 800

screen res looks a bit low though, I thought

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I`ve just replaced my HTC Wildfire with a Galaxy S3.

Yes, it`s bigger but it is thinner and lighter and the touch screen is so much more usable.And no man bag required………

Girfriend has an I phone 4 and having been distinclty underwhelemed by the new I phone 5 has just today bought an S3.

The loss of Google maps with iphone 5 selaed the deal.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘what phone .’ is closed to new replies.