Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • What peddles?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Who read that and thought “he’s used the wrong word, it’s pedals!!!!”

bahahaha

No, but seriously. I’ve just been using Wellgo MG1’s forever. Great price on eBay and seem to last quite well.

New bike so want some new shiny pedals – preferably blue ones. What’s good? Are the Hope ones any good? Do they do blue? Superstar? Is that word even allowed to be uttered or are we over the disintegrating pads issue from 10 years ago? DMR Vault?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I quite liked the Superstar Nano’s. My first pair are still going strong. The second pair didn’t fair so well with a few pins and threads bring ripped out. They come in lots of pretty colours too if that’s your thing.

I’ve recently switched to Spank Spikes which I really like. Massive platform, thin and lots of grip. Although if they’d still done them in green, I’d have bought a pair of Vaults.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Mmm those Spank Spike’s are 60 quid at CRC…. Seem alright. Got a few Spank bits (bars, rims, hubs). Might just buy a pair. Only prob is they don’t have blue so I guess black or ti coloured will do.

Cheers

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’s hard to beat superstar el plastique (or the nukeproof equivalent) for the right combination of cheap, light, grip and durability.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

The hope ones a great, platform is MASSIVE!

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve recently moved all of my bikes over to XPEDO XMX24MC. I buy them direct from China via eBay for 29 a pair. They’ve been strong, reliable, and light weight – under 250 grams the pair and low profile with a decent size platform.

globalti
    Free Member

At least you didn’t use a grocer’s apostrophe and write Peddle’s, unlike those who wrote Nano’s and Spike’s.

Oh yes you did – you wrote MG1’s.

Bez

evil clickbaiting bastard 🙂

prezet
    Free Member

I used to use Superstar Nano’s until I switched to Vaults. Then one a day out a few weeks ago I had to put to put the Nano’s back on – could’t believe how bad they were. Zero grip compared to the vaults. If you’re going to buy them, make sure you put longer pins in!!

Northwind

Still can’t see what the fuss is about vaults unless you have really big feet, mine are totally ordinary except for the price and weight which are a bit high. Prefer my old nanos tbh.

Quite liking my RSP FTWs- thin, good weight and size, sensible (though not cheap tbf) price. Reliable so far too.

prezet
    Free Member

@Northwind – switch back to the nano’s for a ride where you need grip and you’ll see how good your vaults actually are.

Stevet1
    Free Member

New shape V12s are awesome. Prefer these on my hardtail where I want to scoop the wheel up a lot and feel my feet wrapped around the pedals. Got a set of Vaults on my full sus where I tend t be more plowing through stuff and just want pedal to stick like glue to the bottom of my sole. Tried the vaults on my hardtail and didn’t like them. Yes I have hardtail specific pedals…

legend
    Free Member

jaffejoffer – Member

The hope ones a great, platform is MASSIVE!

I’ve got them and Nanos on the go. Nanos are better for grip and feel (unfortunately, really wanted to love the Hopes)

Northwind

prezet – Member

@Northwind – switch back to the nano’s for a ride where you need grip and you’ll see how good your vaults actually are.

I did. Like I say, I prefer the Nanos.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Superstars with the longer pins for me. When I got my new bike it was so posh I thought I should really upgrade the pedals to something more bling so I got the raceface atlas. They lasted less than 6 months before the bearings fell apart and I ended up putting my 2 year old Nanos back on! That’ll teach me eh?!

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member
    Still can’t see what the fuss is about vaults unless you have really big feet, mine are totally ordinary except for the price and weight which are a bit high.

I find the ball of my foot sinks into the Vaults because they’re concave (and maybe partly due to longer pins) which doesn’t happen with Nanos. That’s the main difference for me.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have a couple of sets of hope f20’s and they are a really good pedal. I have 1 set that is about 1.5 years old and used year long on my bike that sees use in the worst weather and they still spin as well as the day I bought them. The first set I bought have got the older solid pins which I prefer to the new hollow pins that I find too grippy. Both sets have had some decent rock strikes and I have landed some big drops and they have remained perfect.

nedrapier

Got MG1s on a couple of bikes, and Superstar nanos on another. Think I prefer the nanos’ flat profile side to side, they’re slighty bigger too.

They both do the job. Couple of pins ripped out on the MG1s, but due to my impeccable foot position, this doesn’t really bother me.

13thfloormonk

I confess, I’m only here because you wrote ‘peddles’ 😳

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Superstar Magnesium ones here, steel axles. On their second bike now, no problems at all.

ajt123
    Free Member

DMR Vaults. Accept no substitutes.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got twenty6 predators which are ok, e13 which are ok and spank spikes which are ok. Vaults are less than ok . Look cheap feel cheap and didn’t last at all. Going to buy some chromags for a try this week.

chiefgrooveguru

I have Vaults on both bikes and really like them. However, I’ve just got a set of these:

http://pedalinginnovations.com

(The related PinkBike article and comments make for some amusing reading…)

davosaurusrex

I have big feet. I like Vaults. And big socks.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Vaults, I have two sets.

stevious

I only wanted to see the sarcastic remarks for the spelling mistakes.

I have Nano’s’es on my MTBs. I like them and they have lasted since 2010.

honourablegeorge

chiefgrooveguru – Member
    I have Vaults on both bikes and really like them. However, I’ve just got a set of these:

http://pedalinginnovations.com
    Looking at those, I always think that I’d strike pedals a lot more often than I do now. And that the foot placement they use in their argument isn’t the foot placement I use either.

Would be interested to try them, though. Are they heavy?

benp1

new V12s on my hardtail

Nanos about to go on my rigid SS

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Superstar all the way for me. Mag Nanos, Mag Deltas and Nano-x. All brilliant.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Superstar Plastic pedals, grippy light and durable and Cheap (sometimes) 😉

Tracey

Too big for my dainty feet but they were the grippiest ones I’ve used

Specialized Boomslangs, thought about trying the pins in my mag low pros

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘What peddles?’ is closed to new replies.