Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • what pannier rack for a P7 / 456
  • oreetmon
    Free Member

bought some 36L pannier bag thingys from aldi/lidl today (cant remember which it was they all look the same) seem good value at 14 quid, loadsa pockets,scotchlight and a zip off shoulder bag thingy. i will be using them for roughing it in the lakes in a couple of weeks,,, IE get to the top of a big hill, empty the hip flask, pass out under the stars, have brekkie and bomb down the decent.

tried this before with big back packs and its not ideal, im thinking panniers lower the centre of gravity blahblahblah and make the decents easier ?, have you tried this,,, am i reet

also, i need a pannier rack thingy to attach the bags to but have no idea what size i need or what bits attach to the frame/s (not decided which scrubber to take yet 😆 456 or P7). both frames have bosses at the wish bone and on the drop outs in much the same place. are the rack thingys universal or is their a specific size i need.

expert advise welcomed.

steve_b77
    Free Member

You’ll need a Topeak Supertourist DX Disc.

It has clearance for hydraulic calipers mounted on the seat-stay.

Comes with all the mounting hardware you need, so long as you’ve got the bosses on the frame already

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tubus are the best by far – at a price

You can fit any rack to a bike with discs – just space out the legs to clear.

oreetmon
    Free Member

nice-1 ste.

with regards to caliper clearance, is this something i need to take into account or can i just buy a roadie version and bend any struts around the obsticles. i want to do this on the cheap as its just a once a year type ride.

oreetmon
    Free Member

nice 1 TJ, thats the answer i was looking for.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘what pannier rack for a P7 / 456’ is closed to new replies.