• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What pads for Guide RS?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Need some new pads and wondered what people recommend. 203 rotor front and 180 rear. Mix of light trails and long rides over the South Downs.

Ideally something pretty quiet in the wet, with decent braking for all types of conditions.

Thank you.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not worn my oem ones out yet, but have used uberbike race matrix in everything else.

The e-bike version seems to get a lot of very good reviews so thats my plan when I need them.

z1ppy

CL brake pads for me, not cheap but feel better than the oem’s and last well.
    I’m assuming the RS is the same as caliper as the RE?
    It’s worth noting if they are a 4 piston don’t buy Avid guide pads, you want code pads

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Uber bike Kevlar user here.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m assuming the RS is the same as caliper as the RE?
    It’s worth noting if they are a 4 piston don’t buy Avid guide pads, you want code pads

Only the RE uses the code calliper, the rest all use the lighter guide calliper (as far as i know).

dhrider
    Free Member

Incorrect.

Guide pads fit guides. RE is the exception which uses code pads.

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve got G2’s on my bike now, having upgraded from using RS’s on several bikes over the last few years. The new SRAM “Power Organic” pads really make a worthwhile difference, and are retro fittable into the G4 Guide caliper too… Not cheap, but they really are bloody good!

chrisyork

Just got some race matrix pads, based on recommendations!

joebristol

Can’t go wrong generally with the Uberbike Race Matrix pads in Guides. Run a number of sets of them and they’ve been fine in all weathers. I’ve also run the slightly cheaper UBerbike Sintered pads although they definitely feel less grabby than the Race Matrix.

Other than that the standard Sram sintered pads are decent – but more spendy than the Uberbike ones.

dropoff

Using the blue uber bike ones in our RSC’s and they’re great.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

OE or Swiss-Stop for me.

Have tried various other aftermarket pads, including Uber and they have all been unilateral shyte in comparison. Poor braking performance & high wear rates.

crashrash

Rahox – converted both my bikes and they seems to last and have great grip/stopping power in all conditions ( Devon slop included)

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Fibrax semi metallic. Quietest and stoppiest pads I’ve used.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Had race matrix before I think. Are the e bike ones better even for none bikes? I’m a big bastard so weigh the same as an ebike lol

dropoff

I’m a fairly big lad too which is why I tried the ebike pads. They’re quiet in the wet, give good modulation and stop me when I need to. Going to try the red pads once they’re back in stock.

RicB

Rahox are the best pads I’ve ever used (currently running Guide RS) but stock availability is hit and miss

I tried Bird Bikes own-brand (made by Fibrax I think) last time and have been very impressed. Not quite as good as Rahox but not much in it

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What pads for Guide RS?’ is closed to new replies.