Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What? Padded shorts
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

If padded shorts are even what I’m thinking about! I’ve got a pair of Zyme shorts with the liner, but I’m looking for shorts that are padded – ie not lycra inserts, just padding where it’s needed. Riding around on Tuesday my spuds were baked. Kinda thought airflow would be a little better in padded shorts.

thoughts and comments…?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I got some heavy cotton camo shorts from tescos – they is ace for crashing cos they is so fick. And they is kewl.

nickc

Royal Racing used to do a set of liners that used a sort of Airtex material which was perfect for summer riding, I got some from CRC, dunno if they still do them. Light weight pad is more like a thick terry towel. I know that the Ricardo liner from Sugoi is heavily vented (again like airtex) but the fit is weird, so try before buying. good pad on those

aphex_2k
    Free Member

TBH I pretty much live in my Zymes without the liner in. Great shorts, but on a SDG saddle not that comfy. Could always get a comfier saddle and wear any shorts then. Hmm…

nick1c
    Free Member

The Salomon pro-dirt ones (I got them from Snow & Rock) have a detachable airtex-type padded liner & vents – I like mine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What? Padded shorts’ is closed to new replies.