Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • what other sports?
  • jedi

do you have time to do as well as mtbing?

me it’s snowboarding, bmx and horse riding.

olddonald

Road cycling – shock horror – and triathlon – did the ripon tri yesterday – man it was hot on the run.

jedi

i spent years doing triathlon. stopped in 2003 🙂 how’d the race go?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bit of road biking for general fitness, would love to say snowboarding but I reckon we get 1 day a year here.

Climbing and mountaineering would be my also ran but the gear is gathering dust now.

number18
    Free Member

Football and running. Football has been number 1 all my life but mountain biking is now preferred option of the 3, although running is the one I do the most.

Kuco

Do more road biking and running than mountain biking. Mainly because to get anywhere half decent to mountain bike I have to drive.

olddonald

Jedi – The ripon tri was hot – let us wear wear suits though which was a real bonus after last years no wet suit swim – I am crap at running and even Crapper(is that a word) when its warm. But i didnt stop on the run..although it felt like i could have walked faster!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at Tri bikes this morning though so its not put me off for a old lad.

maxtorque

jedi
    i spent years doing triathlon. stopped in 2003

I guess you came last then? Most of my Tri’s only take about 3 hrs…….. 😉

olddonald

Respectable mediocrity 2:48

maxtorque

Oh, yeah, and other sports:

I’ve got this:

Which considering how much it cost, doesn’t get rallied/used nearly enough………..

alanl
    Free Member

Rugby, occasional cricket (takes far too long for a game), and darts.

jam-bo

WW Kayak when it rains
    Ride when it’s dry
    Surf when there are waves.

colournoise

Little bit of archery (not as much as I used to though).

aracer
    Free Member

At the moment mostly sea kayak racing and rock climbing, though not sure about “as well as” given I’ve not been on a mountain bike since October. When I’m not injured I mountain unicycle (if that’s distinct from mountain biking), run and orienteer as well.

bigad40
    Free Member

Swimming, done some open water stuff (not this year yet)
    Freediving. Joined a local group for some pool sessions which was very relaxing.
    Next I need to do a foundation course and open water course.

Been some time since I played ultimate frisbee, touch rugby or any cricket.

_tom_
    Free Member

Road biking and very occasionally running. I want to get a power rack for my spare room so I can get back into lifting again, I miss squats!

bigad40
    Free Member

Oops pushed send before I could mention my small collection of longboard skateboards.
    Just fun to chill with kids on scooters and balance bikes etc.
    Bought a board to ride parks and bowls too.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Climbing and hillwalking though i have not had time to do much of either the last 3 or 4 years, cant remember the last time i tied on – I was even thinking of ditching the climbing gear the other day during clear out but can’t quite bring myself to do so yet.

richmars

Pea shooting, once a year (yesterday)
    Still team world champ.

World pea shooting champs

Scapegoat

Used to do a lot of hillwalking until my hips put a stop to it. I now coach a rugby team, do a bit of road riding, shooting, used to shoot clays competitively, but was never very good, and MTBing has filled that space (and taken over the fiscal drain it provided). I also used to dive, until family responsibilities came along, and I saw a mate get a spinal bend on a training dive. I played Judo for a while but between that, rugby and motorcycling picked up more than a dozen fracture injuries and a few years ago it was time to admit my body was too damaged to carry on competitively. Now it’s just MTB for adrenaline. I know I’m on borrowed time as ill need both hips replacing soon, but for the time being I’m loving learning to jump and shred while I still can.

chojin
    Free Member

I used to play basketball to a fairly decent standard. Unfortunately a very small scene in the UK, hardly anyone plays outside school :/

everyone
    Free Member

I quite like a bit of bouldering, although I’ve not been for ages and I’m rubbish at it.

chvck
    Free Member

Used to play a reasonable amount of ultimate frisbee, would quite like to get back into a bit again.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Triathlon training is taking up most of my time right now. Used to do a lot of aikido but changing jobs has seen that one off but I’d love to get back to it.

Tri training might finish after this month, not sure what to fill my time with then.

Earl
    Free Member

Snowboarding… I’ve been addicted for the last 20 years. Bought 4 boards last winter and another last week. I ride bikes just so I can get the smallest sniff of the flow I get when I’m on a board.

mattbee

Climbing/bouldering, kayaking and a bit of running now and again.

Tracey

Snowboarding, swimming, walking, and going to the gym.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What do you construe as a ‘sport’?
    If Sea Fishing’s a sport, then that’s what I do. Which is dead handy when your’e 65 miles from the sea. 😕

hammyuk
    Free Member

Climbing/bouldering, “banned” from running but strangely “allowed” to trail run, being pushed to do Tri at the moment – resisting so far 😛

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Used to do a lot of tris, but gave up in 2013. Became too expensive and got bored in the end. Went up to HIM but insufficient time to train properly for full IM

Endurance events/ ultra marathons

Want to do some adventure racing and orienteering. Might start a night running XC running club

Tennis every week and occassional cricket. Played county cricket and rugby in my youth.

Golf – ready for abuse

Skiing. Gave up on climbing and parapenting recently. Hard to fit with family responsibilities. Miss canoeing too.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Road riding, cyclocross, running, fishing & have been known to do a road rally or two..

aracer
    Free Member

banned by whom and for what reason?

matt_outandabout

Some

River Dochart canoe by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

And some

Ben Venue by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

loddrik
    Free Member

Work. Looking after my kids. Either I spend too much time with my family or the people above have more hours in the day than I do.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Skydiving,snowboarding, photography, shooting.

matt_outandabout

^ that’s what I now do for fun….

I am also qualified sailor, windsurfer, kayaker, orienteer, archery, caving and powerboat instructor. So have, over the years done a ‘bit’ of them..

bruk

Done Judo since I was knee high to a grasshopper and still love it. Coach now as well as just general randori, entered a masters competition last year and got my butt kicked but still loved the nervous anticipation before the fight.

Snowboard/ski holiday once a year.

Two wee boys means limited time for all but as they get bigger that should get better just as my body finally gives up!

hot_fiat

If I don’t get a weeks Ski and boarding in a year I’m like a bear with a sore head. I also enjoy surfing, walking (not a sport I know), motorcycling, car fettling / track days.

hammyuk
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    hammyuk » “banned” from running but strangely “allowed” to trail run
    banned by whom and for what reason?

By the surgeon that will have to rebuild my spine :-/
    Strangely enough he is happy for me to MTB!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Up until recently Ju jitsu (traditional, none of this brazillian nonsense) but a back injury has put a stop to that 🙁

Just starting on setting up my own business so that has taken up a lot of time/cash. Nearly there, just some minor details and I should be up and trading in a couple of months. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘what other sports?’ is closed to new replies.