Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What options are there for rigid steel forks nowadays?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I can’t find any Kona P2’s, the Kinesis are ally I think, & I’m not keen on the looks of the On-ones.
    So if I wanted a pair of skinny, pref disc only, light, steel rigid forks that I can actually buy, then what options do I have?

Many thanks.

yunki
    Free Member

Salsa and Soma and I was lucky enough to pick up a Singular 😀

qwerty
    Free Member

Salsa CroMoto, check with Charlie & Triton

shermer75
    Free Member

Salsa +1, great forks. Triton also sell Surly forks.

nedrapier

Another vote for the Salsa Cromotos. Look good, work well, arent; too heavy.

Various lengths available, I think all but the shortest (425mm) has a disc only option. But you can always get someone to take off the bosses and make good if you’re going to be respraying them.

sv

I have a set of new Genesis Fortitude forks in orange, a2c is 445mm. Was going to winterise my Slackline but have since bought a SS Fortitude. The forks are for sale £60 posted. Think there are some green ones still available online too.

rOcKeTdOg

you haven’t specified so I presume you don’t mean 26″ wheel forks. Singular rigids are available from Sam, they are lovely, but u’ll have to budget a deepest if you don’t like blue

Buzzard
    Free Member

I got some Singulars from Sam – two rides in and I’m impressed.

yunki
    Free Member

I had my eye on these from Soma Fabrications.. 440mm a2c and 40mm rake (adjusted for 80mm sus)

There was somewhere in Edinburgh I think importing Soma

I found a second hand pair of 445mm Singular forks in the end though which are very nice

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Another vote for the Salsas. Had some, sold them and shoved some bouncey forks on and decided to go back to rigids so bought more Salsas.

Had Pace RC31s too (very nice) and On-Ones which were pretty awful. Zero compliance – no flex, no give etc. I know they’re rigids but theres rigid and then theres just bloody harsh!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Many thanks all!
    SV, not sure about orange, it may work but are they orange or burnt red? Maybe sent me a pic with it next to something that the colour is instantly recognisable such as Heinz beans?
    Yes it’s for a 26″ bike, they are going to replace the RC31’s that on on there at present as the steerer is slightly to short 🙁

Thanks again.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

yunki, I have managed to find them, its http://www.fine-adc.com, & I have sent an email, as I have to singular, pipedream (no stock) & several others, this is harder than I thought it would be 🙁
    The Salsa’s at Triton are looking best so far 🙂

Cheers.

sv

Same colour as the Genesis Fortitude Race bikes, think fairly bright orange.

takisawa2

Niner do one, but it’s a bit pricey.
    I love the look of that Soma fork up there. ^^^

trail_rat
    Free Member

Look for triple butted p2s( it should say triple butted under the p2 logo – if not they are the cheapos) i believe they are one of the lightest of the steel rigid forks.

Certainly ride and look nice on my td1

More robust that than carbons they replaced it would seem 🙂 – that bike makes you go sooo fast i killed rc31s by bending the steerer not the carbon bits and then some hylixs.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks to yunki, Soma’s ordered 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What options are there for rigid steel forks nowadays?’ is closed to new replies.