Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • What one MTB skill would you like to improve?
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

For me it’s probably switchbacks – I’ve just about got the downhill ones dialled, but the pedally ones a bit sketchy. I get around the majority of the time, but it’s not pretty…

That really is just the one top of the list though, I’ve got a lot of improve on, but hey, I’ve got time! And I take comfort in the fact that, like MC, I’m pretty damn fast downhill – for a ‘chick’ that is! 😉

stugus
    Free Member

a reeeally long manual. I can wheelie fine, but can’t do more than about 6ft of a true manual.

oh and an x-up. I half way and every thing seems to go to sh*t. I’m sure the latter is a ‘mind’ thing.

matthew_h
    Free Member

My main thing that needs development is cornering. I’m just not good enough at them compared to other skills. I’m getting there but there is still a lot further to go. I could also do with ridding myself of my tendancy to not even try things that I fear I won’t be great at. Like a fear of failing or only being ok. A rather self destructive quality in many parts of my life.

I could also do with losing another couple of stone and getting fitter but I’m working on that

wonnyj
    Free Member

I like to be corner really quickly all the time, whatever the terrain, and never find myself hitting the brakes half way round.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Cornering for me too

wish that my cornering was a good left as it is right. I know most people have a preference, but mine seems really marked. going left i can get right down, drift switchbacks etc etc, but going left i feels so awkward and wooden

I have the same when skiing. Carving to the left is a doddle and feels totally natural, whereas rightwards feels more of a conscious effort

elaineanne
    Free Member

erm, to do bunny jumps properly ! (my son makes it look all too easy.

solamanda
    Free Member

At the risk of sounding big headed, I’m happy with my skill level at the moment. I spent last summer doing a season in the alps working on my skills full time! My aims for this year are to improve fitness and learn how to ride SPDs well.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Track stands I keep thinking I have it cracked and then when I try it out on the trail I end up lying on my back wearing the bike.

alpin
    Free Member

riding backwards on the fixed wheel.

can track stand fine and can manage one pedal stroke back and forth , but fall to one side if i don’t start going forwards again. think that makes sense.

jedi

fakies take ages to get then they just click (riding backwards)

jam-bo

i just spent the day here learning how to jump again…

http://www.the-track.co.uk/

Oxboy
    Free Member

The fear of jumps, always look for small air when descending really fast but manmade jumps mess me up. I went to cwm carn last week and pulled my chest muscles plopping off the smallest jump in the freeride area, I felt a right tw*t watching my mate jumping off the biggest ramp while I nursed my chest muscles.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve just finished building up my trials bike so I can finally get back to annoying the security guards in town and nail those pedal kicks and riding over picknic tables end-on again 🙂 I love trials but my current lack of fitness and strength really doesnt help. I had a hop about out back before and I’ve pulled a few muscles 😀

sq225917
    Free Member

I’d like to improve the ‘getting the **** out of my way’ if you are a slower than me skill improved in everyone else on the tracks and trails. 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Airing out of a quarter! and manuals!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Oops – question was what MTB Skill not bike skill..

MTB would be downhill steep turns and corners and floating over rock gardens.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Posting witty posts on the internet, i’d like to get better at that. and i would like to learn how to take pix of my bike in interesting places to show people where i’ve been.

z1ppy

What one MTB skill would you like to improve?

Riding!

If I have to list them.. Endurance (maybe not a skill)/Jumping/wheeling/manuals – basically everything everyone has listed above.

noteeth
    Free Member

Blagging. 😀

ChrisL

Not having my mind get in the way so much when I’m riding. Damn mental blocks…

will
    Free Member

Not getting snake bites 🙁

lyons
    Free Member

Id like to improve everything..

My aims for this year though, are to get better at jumping big doubles, and ride up jacobs ladder ( maybe not so acheivable…)

oldgit
    Free Member

All of them.
    I can ride proper good in a straight line and uphill, but I can’t pull any tricks like a roadie (which I was for decades) who just rides on some muddy stuff.

I supose the most usefull one would be the ability to hop over fallen trees like my mates.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I would just like to clarify why I said “freewheeling without pedalling” when talking about manualing .. I must’ve been drunk as isn’t that just coasting/cruising along!!

sorry if I confused you! plum .. walks away with head held down

redthunder
    Free Member

I wanna wheelie like a chav!

I really do 🙁

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘What one MTB skill would you like to improve?’ is closed to new replies.