What one MTB skill would you like to improve?

Home Forum Bike Forum What one MTB skill would you like to improve?

Viewing 20 posts - 46 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • What one MTB skill would you like to improve?
  • erm, to do bunny jumps properly ! (my son makes it look all too easy.

solamanda

At the risk of sounding big headed, I’m happy with my skill level at the moment. I spent last summer doing a season in the alps working on my skills full time! My aims for this year are to improve fitness and learn how to ride SPDs well.

Track stands I keep thinking I have it cracked and then when I try it out on the trail I end up lying on my back wearing the bike.

alpin

riding backwards on the fixed wheel.

can track stand fine and can manage one pedal stroke back and forth , but fall to one side if i don’t start going forwards again. think that makes sense.

jedi

fakies take ages to get then they just click (riding backwards)

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

i just spent the day here learning how to jump again…

http://www.the-track.co.uk/

Oxboy

The fear of jumps, always look for small air when descending really fast but manmade jumps mess me up. I went to cwm carn last week and pulled my chest muscles plopping off the smallest jump in the freeride area, I felt a right tw*t watching my mate jumping off the biggest ramp while I nursed my chest muscles.

coffeeking

I’ve just finished building up my trials bike so I can finally get back to annoying the security guards in town and nail those pedal kicks and riding over picknic tables end-on again 🙂 I love trials but my current lack of fitness and strength really doesnt help. I had a hop about out back before and I’ve pulled a few muscles 😀

sq225917

I’d like to improve the ‘getting the **** out of my way’ if you are a slower than me skill improved in everyone else on the tracks and trails. 😉

Premier Icon Bushwacked
    Subscriber

Airing out of a quarter! and manuals!

Premier Icon Bushwacked
    Subscriber

Oops – question was what MTB Skill not bike skill..

MTB would be downhill steep turns and corners and floating over rock gardens.

Posting witty posts on the internet, i’d like to get better at that. and i would like to learn how to take pix of my bike in interesting places to show people where i’ve been.

z1ppy

What one MTB skill would you like to improve?

Riding!

If I have to list them.. Endurance (maybe not a skill)/Jumping/wheeling/manuals – basically everything everyone has listed above.

noteeth

Blagging. 😀

Premier Icon ChrisL
    Subscriber

Not having my mind get in the way so much when I’m riding. Damn mental blocks…

will

Not getting snake bites 🙁

lyons

Id like to improve everything..

My aims for this year though, are to get better at jumping big doubles, and ride up jacobs ladder ( maybe not so acheivable…)

oldgit

All of them.
    I can ride proper good in a straight line and uphill, but I can’t pull any tricks like a roadie (which I was for decades) who just rides on some muddy stuff.

I supose the most usefull one would be the ability to hop over fallen trees like my mates.

I would just like to clarify why I said “freewheeling without pedalling” when talking about manualing .. I must’ve been drunk as isn’t that just coasting/cruising along!!

sorry if I confused you! plum .. walks away with head held down

redthunder

I wanna wheelie like a chav!

I really do 🙁

Viewing 20 posts - 46 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘What one MTB skill would you like to improve?’ is closed to new replies.