Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what on earth is
  • juan
    Free Member

A gravity enduro…?

Trimix
    Free Member

You race down hill, not quite a DH race, more like a Red run at a Trail Ctr, so you can do it on any mountain bike and dont need balls as big as mellons.

ton

and you are timed on th dh bits.

juan
    Free Member

ok so why gravity? This sounds like an enduro to me..

mustard
    Free Member

a gravity enduro in the UK is an enduro in the Europes as an enduro in the is more like 10under the Ben etc (I think, not 100% on the last bit)

jameso

‘Enduros’ were 100km MTB XC events a while back, maybe they wanted to distinguish between those and more DH orientated events.

alfabus
    Free Member

‘gravity’ because you are only timed on the downs, not the ups.

wrecker
    Free Member

“Gravity” is used because we in the UK have been using the term “enduro” incorrectly.

mustard
    Free Member

because we in the UK have been using the term “enduro” incorrectly

but have we? It seems to me our use of it is more akin to the mx version, where I presume we got the term from, than something like the Mega.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

“Gravity” is used because we in the UK have been using the term “enduro” incorrectly.

And we only started dong that becuase peeps had an aversion to pedalling their bikes up *gasp* hills. Or to differentiate the event from ‘map board, beard and ronhills’ efforts 😉

njee20
    Free Member

We were using ‘enduro’ differently to the UCI/rest of the world certainly, I’m not sure who’s to say if it was incorrect, a 24 hour race could justifiably be called an enduro IMO, probably more so than a slighter longer, simplified, DH race. But that’s just an issue of semantics!

But yes, it’s because what the UCI/Europe call a marathon, we call an enduro, so they needed a new term for what the UCI/Europe call an enduro!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what on earth is’ is closed to new replies.