• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by br.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What oak laminate flooring?
  • tinybits
    Free Member

I’m looking for a good quality oak laminate floor to do my hallway and small office. I’ll be laying on an existing tile floor so solid oak isn’t an option but I’d love the look of genuine 18mm solid. Total coverage will be approx 13m sq.

Who’s fitted something good?

tthew

Fitted some Wickies stuff a few years back. It’s engineered rather than laminate, (proper wood substrate rather than MDF) was easy to fit and not that expensive.

Wants re-finishing now, but it can be sanded up to 3 times IIRC, so will last donkey’s, (donkeys, donkies?? sorry language pedants) years.

loddrik
    Free Member

I have Balterio Tasmanian Oak in my downstairs. We were looking to get wood originally but with 4 cats, two girls who roller skate around the house it just wouldn’t have stood up as well. The balterio stuff was as good as we could find and it still looks brand new after 4 years of heavy use. Definitely worth paying a bit more for high quality stuff too.

ffej
    Free Member

I’ve specified Kahrs flooring for a couple of clients in the past. It can be sanded a few times as the surface is around 3-4mm thick.

Jeff

simonjj
    Free Member

We have Balterio Tradition Sapphire in our kitchen / conservatory and it’s proving to be very hard wearing, would definitely recommend it.

br
    Free Member

I recently fitted some 12mm B&Q laminate in our front hallway, went down well. I went with B&Q as I did our utility room last year and that’s looking good.

This one.

http://www.diy.com/departments/concertino-new-england-traditional-oak-effect-laminate-flooring-148-m-pack/641047_BQ.prd

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What oak laminate flooring?’ is closed to new replies.