Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • what not ipod?
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

what alternatives to ipod are worth looking at?

I’ve had a 32gb ipod touch for a good few years, but it’s on it’s way out. The headphone socket seems to be the problem. Now that the classic is long gone, and I really don’t want another touch (phone does everything the touch does – but I still like to keep my music separate) Storage is more important than Angry Birds.

Bimbler
    Free Member
    wysiwyg
    Free Member

How much space needed?

jekkyl

once you’ve had an ipod nothing else is quite as good. You could have a look at the nano, gen5 is ace, 2nd hand for about £40 or if you just want a music player a 2nd hand older iphone?

pealy
    Free Member

Sony NW-ZX2

How much 😯

midlifecrashes

Sandisk Clip players are good sound quality and reliable, cheap too. Takes a micro SD card so storage up to 200GB these days. Plays loads of the popular formats and batteries last ages. Charges via same USB as most phones.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

How much

Pah, you’ve obvious never heard of Astell & Kern and their three grand portable player, though in fairness it does come with free delivery!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Sony NW-ZX2

How much

That’s cheap, check out Astell&Kern AK240

In the real world I bought my old dear a Ipod Nano – s’alright, disagree with the nothing else like it bs, hate the fact that when you plug it in loads of stuff starts happening, but it’s the apple way I spose.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Up to 256GB!

Cougar

Don’t you have a phone?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I had 4 sandisk clips fail within a year.

My Sony has the most irritating operating system ever.

IPod needs itunes , the only bit of software that has ever caused me to throw a device against a wall.

I ended up with an old Nokia 5800 phone. It’s great, battery lasts weeks, has built in speaker, easy to use software and doubles up as an emergency phone. Got it for £20 on ebay. Downside is it’s a bit big but at least I can read the screen and find it in a rucksack easily.

Bez

I’ve simply got a dedicated music phone with a 128GB micro SD card in it. You can get plenty of cheap-as-chips phones that’ll take a card that large.

A large pile of music necessitates finding one or more decent apps, but at least you get a huge choice of ways to access your music, and it’ll connect to just about everything, wired or wirelessly. And you can take your music collection out and just stick it in something else any time you want. And you can use the same device for streaming.

DezB
    Free Member

Up to 256GB!

Same as my iPod then 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Indeed. That is a great hack.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘what not ipod?’ is closed to new replies.