• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What non bike-tax suspension grease?
  • matt_outandabout

As above, what light and slick grease for suspension forks without paying dafty bike price…

andyrm
    Free Member

I like Silkolene RG2 as it’s light, stays put nicely and is cheap. Been using it for years across multiple suspension brands with no ill effects.

ogden
    Free Member

I trawled the internet looking for something and never found anything, or at least anything I was confident enough to bung in my expensive forks.

I ended up lumping it and spent £25 on a 500g tub of RSP SLICK KICK GREASE – Same as Sram Butter. Done countless shocks forks and droppers and barely made a dent in it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use RG2 for bearings but wouldn’t use it in a fork.

I use Loctite Superlube. Not slick honey/slickoleum light but really very close. It used to be the recommended lube for Turner suspension bushings.

I will buy a pot of slick honey once it’s all gone (or slickoleum if anyone ever imports it) but the difference isn’t big enough to justify leaving half a tube of Superlube.

Superlube

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve only just finished the little tub of SRAM butter I’ve had for about 8 years.

And that’s only because my one up seat post is so hungry for the stuff.

It’s not somewhere I bother looking for a saving, for that reason.

Got slick kick to replace it.

Andy-R

Molycote 33 – I seem to recall that Marzocchi used to recommend it.

Northwind

I bought a big tub of slick honey years back, might almost get to the bottom of it this year… Is there anything else better now?

Tim
    Free Member

RG2. I use it in everything and never had an issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What non bike-tax suspension grease?’ is closed to new replies.