Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • what non baggy “slim “baggy shorts
  • bruneep

looking for something that is mtb short but slimmer on the legs and doesn’t scream you’re a mtb’er when wondering about off bike.

ideas?

scotroutes

Kalf Terras

bruneep

the 1 review on Evans is less than favourable

twistedpencil

Madison Loam

dawson

Endura Humvee Lites

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Quite like my Morvelo R.A.D. shorts.

JoB
    Free Member

idiotdogbrain

Quite like my Morvelo R.A.D. shorts.

whole these are a quite good non-baggy baggy short their Overland shorts are far more slim fit and can easily be worn off the bike without looking like a Rad Dad

mickyfinn
    Free Member

What JoB said. The Overland shorts are way slimmer and a great cut for on and off the bike in a not quite ‘Lycra crotch exposing’ kinda way.

ashweee
    Free Member

They’re a bit expensive but I really rate my 100% airmatic shorts, They’re just baggy enough to go over knee pads.

b33k34

Doesn’t scream rad mtber or doesn’t scream cyclist?

I really like Endura MTR baggies – usually wear them on the road bike.

convert

Aussie grit with the 50% off sale is gvfm for the quality imo.

iainc

Some nice looking Castelli ones keep popping up on my FB feed, £95 though…

mick_r

These stretchy not very baggy baggies from Decathlon are ace. Great material and incredibly well designed for the price.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/st900-mountain-bike-shorts-black-id_8381758.html

joshvegas
    Free Member

I think the pair I’m wearing are H&M,possibly primark.

They look alot like shorts i may wear during the day…

scotroutes

Fox Rangers

leeroysilk
    Free Member

I can second the Aussie Grit baggies, bought in sale with 50% off.
    Depending on your budget Assos are worth looking at too.

bob_summers

Plus one to Mick R, those Decathlon ones are brilliant. I buy a size smaller, so they finish well above the knee, and are not quite as tight as bibs.

BadlyWiredDog

Haglofs Lizard soft shell shorts are good. Expensive at full price, but usually discounted over winter.

andykirk
    Free Member

I can remember when ‘baggy’ actually meant ‘baggy’.

Modern shorts which are described as ‘baggy’ are actually now ‘a bit less than skin tight’.

I do hope this current fixation with narrow-hipped tight-crotched ill-fitting bottom-eating budgie-smuggling ugly tiny girly ‘fashionable’ shorts passes soon and we can all get back to having room to actually move around and start looking cool again. It’s like the designers have attempted to transfer the extreme ugliness that is male skinny-fit trousers to MTB shorts. Bleurgh.

merk
    Free Member

+1 for Endura MTR.

wait4me

Alpkit Strada. Perfect cut and length imho. Look great off the bike too.

richardkennerley

Another recommendation for morvelo overland. Very slim fit, but lots of stretch. They’re very light so don’t know how tough they are

eyestwice
    Free Member

Sweet Protection. Great quality and really nice ‘tailored’ baggy fit.

baddddad
    Free Member

Bought the wife a set of dhb ladies baggy shorts. She didn’t like them. Just before sending back i thought id try them. They’re now my favourite short on and off the bike 🤣. Fit is definitely slimmer on the leg. Only downside is the zip doesnt go down quite as far as blokes ones so slightly awkward for a p*ss. Otherwise you’d have no idea they are Ladies shorts.

I’m a 32 waist, they are a size 12. Try it, it’s liberating 😉

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Tailored golf shorts

stevious

I’ve got some rapha ‘Touring’ shorts that are great fit-wise, but lack pockets for off-bike usefulness. I’d avoid ’em.

ta11pau1

Fox Rangers

+1 love my Fox ranger cargo shorts, well priced too considering they come with a liner.

They’re getting hard to get hold of now though, managed to pick up another pair the other day in my size but almost nowhere had any stock.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Sportful Giara overshorts. Fairly fitted, and nice and stretchy…

eskay

Rapha do some really nice ones, they are expensive but very comfortable (as are their bibs). They do some pretty plain designs as well which appeals to me.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve just got some Endura MTR500 shorts (thank you NHS discount!) which seem really, really good. They’re the first time I’ve found MTB shorts that fit well without being either too small/restrictive or being too baggy and forever catching on the nose of the seat.

I do hope this current fixation with narrow-hipped tight-crotched ill-fitting bottom-eating budgie-smuggling ugly tiny girly ‘fashionable’ shorts passes soon and we can all get back to having room to actually move around

I’m not sure if you’re referring to MTB shorts but I love having bike shorts that fit well and move well. Baggy shorts of old are flappy (less aero innit?) and make you look like you never quite escaped the 1990s.

start looking cool again.

Mug’s game. Kids will still think you’re the aging wannabe you probably / we mostly all are. Most adults don’t GAF and certainly don’t think MTB is cool in any meaningful sense. So you may as well wear what performs well and what looks good to other MTBers.

continuity
    Free Member

Endura MTR are pretty slim. Honestly, even at 78kg, too slim for my quads. I’ve started to give up and I just wear bibs on their own now.

J-R

Endura MTR seem to be sold out – unless you want Kahki and size XL+

🙁

max-mtb
    Free Member

I have 8 pairs of Zoic Ether. They’re great for mtb and I wear them as my daily shorts as well. So good all-arounders. Not sure how slim cut you’re looking for but the Zoic Ether seem to have a comparable fit to normal shorts.

jimdubleyou

+1 love my Fox ranger cargo shorts, well priced too considering they come with a liner.

They’re getting hard to get hold of now though, managed to pick up another pair the other day in my size but almost nowhere had any stock.

I bought a new pair direct from Fox when they bought the new colours our a month or two ago. Not worn them much…

Some bargains here – https://uk.foxracing.com/sale/mtb-men/?gclid=CjwKCAjw7-P1BRA2EiwAXoPWAxgQ86Ac2_AiMIp0W9q8YXfE9YxsZKIF1sh_g5nIOb_nSq7ROzPMaBoCQcMQAvD_BwE

beer247
    Free Member

Just ordered some 7mesh Slab shorts. Seem pretty slim fitting.

Not many reviews about so will report back

Hopefully my lockdown diet of booze and cheese won’t have affected my waist size…..

grip
    Free Member

These stretchy not very baggy baggies from Decathlon are ace. Great material and incredibly well designed for the price.

Agree, I have a pair of these and they are some of the best mtb shorts I have owned.

sailor74
    Free Member

have look at gravel bike clothing as it fits what you are looking for. you might want to start with Mavic ‘allroad’ shorts which they describe as “fitted baggies”. i have some and they are great

ta11pau1

Designed with expert adventurers in mind

Ooh, they must be good if they’re design for expert adventurers 😀

timc
    Free Member

Gore c5, slimmer than MTR, I use both & both are great!

john_l
    Free Member

Rapha Touring shorts used to be perfect until they changed the cut. Now Morvelo Overland are my go to slim baggies. Really really good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘what non baggy “slim “baggy shorts’ is closed to new replies.