Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • What new trends for bikes in 2019 ?
  • raybanwomble
    Free Member

Brant.

Bring out a steel framed, dual crown compatible, high pivot and idlers, 29 front wheel, 27.5 rear wheel, 180mm and 170mm of front and rear bounce and 500mm of reach, gnarpoon.

Please.

Pretty please.

Build us something **** mental and undercut Nicolai.

rene59
    Free Member

The Ass Pounder 4000

smogmonster

Longer, lower, slacker, more expensiverer. More dipsticks dressed like Power Rangers to ride on canal paths. Even more idiots calling their bikes ‘Whips’ and claiming to be ‘stoked’. Honestly, wtf?

bigyan
    Free Member

Dual crown forks for trail/enduro and e bikes.

E bikes getting real e bike components as more failures are seen of standard components.

edd

I’m looking forward to 12 speed Shimano XT and 27.5” EXO casing Maxxis Assegai

ampthill

Yep loving workpacking

I think Kona Lava Dome makes sense. Perhaps with short travel forks. We’ll see more and more gravel bikes with 50mm tyres and front suspension

Front baskets for shopacking? Does that need a double “p”

2.7 will be the ultimate compromise mtb tyre size

ampthill

Oh and £109 being an important price for 2.7 tyres

mandog

76 degree seat tube angles. Makes a massive improvement for climbing.

scotroutes

Ebikes on turbo trainers powering dynamos powering ebikes. You’ll be able to do all the cycling you want without needing to step outside or to put in any physical effort.

Tim
    Free Member

Stanchions won’t get fatter. No benefit – just more seal drag.

Wireless gearing, droppers and suspension adjust to simplify bars. Maybe a central standard to allow them all to interact (e.g. Samsung smart things)

Trail bikes making a resurgence

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

Maybe a central standard

LOLZ!!

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

Personally I’m hoping this drop bar off road thing disappears up its own back end this year. Unless you are John Tomac on a carbon Raleigh USA with a Tioga Disc Drive it’s just wrong.

scotroutes

drop bars off-road isn’t about to disappear given it’s been going on for decades.

hols2
    Free Member

Handlebars narrow enough to fit between gateposts.

jameso

Front baskets for shopacking? Does that need a double “p”

Basketpacking is already a thing..

epicyclo

It would be good to see gearbox bikes do better. It would be nice to have a lifetime geartrain rather than the disposables we now have dangling off the rear of the bike.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can see someone coming out with a bike with 1.95” tyres and flat bars and a lightweight frame and non-slack geo (basically the next step on from that gravel bike nonsense) and not a single person noticing it’s basically a 1994 Kona Lava Dome.

That’s exactly what I wanted my Salsa El Mar to be but with bigger wheels, which are unquestionably better, and other improvements such as discs, carbon fork and wide rims for big tyres.

Ironically they don’t make them any more 🙁

NormalMan

^ pretty much like me with my Karate Monkey OPS (albeit with 2.4 tyres and currently a 100mm travel fork).

greyspoke
    Free Member

Linkage dropper posts.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

scotroutes

Subscriber
    If we’re doing wireless and electronics, could I have a jacket with an E-zip that can be operated from the bars? Perfect for those changeable weather days.

I’d buy that.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Like the idea of linkage dropper posts , would solve a few of the problems .

northernsoul

Surely, following the no-deal Brexit in March, everything Shimano/Sram will become prohibitively expensive and only for someone on the salary of a premier league footballer due to the squillion percent import tax, and British brands will take over the world 😜

kerley
    Free Member

and British brands will take over the world

Not sure Britain ever made a groupset so better learn quick, come on Hope and all the other UK bike component manufacturers (can’t think of any of the top of my head so not a good start)

scotroutes

If we’re doing wireless and electronics, could I have a jacket with an E-zip that can be operated from the bars? Perfect for those changeable weather days.

I’d buy that.

That’s two of us. Any more?

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘What new trends for bikes in 2019 ?’ is closed to new replies.