What new music….

Home Forum Chat Forum What new music….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • What new music….
  • jekkyl

Go backwards?
    The doors/stones/led zep/the who/jimi hendrix….. Queen? etc.

bet even if you have some of their stuff, there’s still some more to discover. Otherwise I love DnB. ๐Ÿ˜€

Back in time is good! Just put a load of Doors stuff on my playlist the other day, as it happens.

Some other good stuff that I’ve been in to of late;

The Answer (Just good old rawk and rowl!)
    Blues Traveller (Funky, fascinating jam stuff)
    Ben Folds Five (Interesting, amusing, intelligent)

I am currently a big fan of country music like Townes Van Zandt

camo16

I am currently a big fan of country music like Townes Van Zandt

I, too, am enjoying the Van Zandt, Tower Song especially.

Elsewhere, nobody told me Radiohead were a pretty damn good band. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

I take it OP that you’re already well into Alice in Chains (not mentioned above, but still holding up nicely in 2013). 8)

Mr Woppit

I really like this snappy little bright and breezy number but then, I am old and a bit out of touch… ๐Ÿ˜€

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5EofwRzit0[/video]

CountZero

You could do worse than check out Blood Red Shoes and The Joy Formidable.

fasthaggis

@ binners ๐Ÿ™‚

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

You could do worse than check out Blood Red Shoes and The Joy Formidable.

….but not a lot worse than The Joy Formidable, IMHO.

Clutch, OTOH, there’s a band.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

๐Ÿ˜†

bikebouy

Why go backwards ??

Why not try another Genre ?

Maybe because you were in the Rock world you let slip some other fantastic music, stuff maybe you dismissed out of hand because you were a “rocker”. There’s some most excellent House/Techno/Deep/industrial that could, for you, be worth seeking out. Don’t dismiss this as some sort of “change your view” monologue, but more of a pointer towards some kicking sounds that have a similar beat (heavy, rhythmical, loud etc..) and make your feet tap and your shoulders move.

I’m a massive fan of stuff in the rock but not much in recent years has impressed, the latest VanHalen album with DLR back was shite for instance…

Soundcloud is a great place to start, Oliver Schories/LukeVegas/Room84 for starters.. You may not like it, worth giving it an hour of investigation though Shirley…

cbmotorsport

God I used to fancy Hannah from S Club 7. That’s brought back some memories.

iolo

Avenged Sevenfold

Subscriber

NiN?
    QotSA?
    Rolo Tomassi??

peachos

Dizraeli and the Small Gods

These are my favourite at the moment. Discovered them at The Beat-Herder Festival. Excellent live, every member is massively talented & the lyrics are witty, humorous, inspiring and thought provoking.

This video is sooooo tight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_J6DdzzzU8

Loads of good stuff on their YouTube channel.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

cbmotorsport – Member
    God I used to fancy Hannah from S Club 7. That’s brought back some memories.

Rachael Stevens FTW.

@ BikeBouy – I didn’t mention it but I have a parallel for some commercial yet eclectic & crossover R&B, & hard rap/garage (LL cool J, Dizzee Rascal, Kano, Limpbizkit, Jay Z, Eminem, Sean Paul) pretty much anything with a hard beat, even some of Beyonce’s stuff, plus Reggea and soca beats courtesy of a west indian wife and many trips on the Carribean buses…

CountZero

Have you actually

seen them, or heard them for that matter?

dandax1990

Disclosure.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

… for a bloke that never grew out of Sabbath/GnR/Velvet Revolver/Nirvana or early to mid nineties rock n roll etc?

Never been into indie stuff such as the Kasabian era etc which left a number of years gap in my life, and I really need to invest in a new record collection….?

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Down with the kidz option- try “I was born I have lived I will surely die” by Young Guns. It’s all a bit Smash Hits with guitars but still, proper tune

Failing that, let’s have a mighty Converge/F***ed Up double whammy. Converge for fury, F***ed Up for tunes. And fury.

Subscriber

@CountZero

Yes, I own a copy of The Big Roar and it sounds like a cross between the Delays and epileptic fit in a cymbal factory piped through a plastic tube and recorded with a D90 on the wrong bias setting- to my ears/neurons.

But, different strokes for different folks.

EDIT: I’d say this sums it up.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Yes, I own a copy of The Big Roar and it sounds like a cross between the Delays and epileptic fit in a cymbal factory piped through a plastic tube and recorded with a D90 on the wrong bias setting

Shit! Sounds brilliant! Must dig it out when I get home ๐Ÿ™‚

Subscriber

LOL OK – I’ll send you my copy for postage monies only.

EDIT: Another suggestion Justice

bikebouy

K57, cool, just pointing out some “other stuff like”

There are some great DJ’s coming out of Berlin/Munich and Hamburg, simple search on that out to help.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Having written it down, it seems I like “angry” music. ๐Ÿ˜•

rewski

You need some Tame Impala and Band of Skulls in your life

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnKUD_OztRE[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKsYQFpdZTs[/video]

scud

If you like a bit of retro sounding rock, what about Wolfmother?

if you like it blues tinged, then the early Black Keys albums??

Premier Icon Master Of None
    Subscriber

I had (And still have) similar taste in GnR, Nirvana etc. but have brached out a bit to milder indie music since meeting the wife (shes not a fan). Currently enjoying Daft Punk and a new found love of Basement Jaxx

For recent(ish) similar music, try “Them Crooked Vultures” – super group of Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones. Not as good as you would hope but good ol’ bluesy rock. And while i mention Dave Grohl, after years of great singles and poor albums, the last Foo Fighters album “Wasting Light” is about the best they have done since “colour and the shape”.

Premier Icon paladin
    Subscriber

Victorian trout conspiracy ๐Ÿ™‚ saw them at belladrum…….fantastic!

prawny

I’ve turned to teenage screamo now I’ve hit 30. A Day To Remember are one of my current favourites, but also i’m into folky stuff and still a lot of punk.

So my commute playlist normally consists of ADTR, Ben Howard, Killswitch Engage and Mumford and Sons. It’s a bi-polar train journey somedays.

toxicsoks

null[img]http://www.comfortcomes.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/themasterplan_tma_v1.4/tma/images/latest/skyatnight.jpg[/img]

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Wolf People. You will love this.
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Kxuuuftd4[/video]

longmover

+1 for Blood Red Shoes

valleyman

the wife still winds me up, most of my ipod music is 90’s stuff…

found this classic pearl jam concert on youtube last night.. about 4 weeks before TEN came out.

EPIC!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKFzoSWKnzg[/video]

CountZero

Have you heard the new Pearl Jam track 6Music have been playing recently, called Mind Your Manners. Sounds like they’ve drafted in Motorhead.

Premier Icon andysbikeclinic
    Subscriber

Pearl Jam + Motorhead. What’s not to like?

๐Ÿ˜ฏ

CountZero

Clutch, OTOH, there’s a band.
    Heard of Clutch, never heard them. So, just had a run through a bunch of their tracks on YouTube. Well, I might well have done, but they’re pretty indistinguishable from many other southern rock/blues bands out there. I’d find them difficult to tell apart from The Jim Jones Review, TBH. Or ZZTop.
    I kind of grew out of that thirty years ago. I don’t mind it, but there’s so little light and shade in so much of that headsdownnononsencemindlessboogie, I just can’t listen to too much of it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What new music….’ is closed to new replies.